At one time, SWARBRICK was a tiny place between KIRKHAM and WEETON in the county of LANCASHIRE, but all that remains today is Swarbrick Hall, a Georgian farmhouse. This stands near the site of the original hall, which burned down after the Swarbrick family fled to France during the reformation.
RIBCHESTER lies on the River Ribble, south east of Longridge Fell, in the county of LANCASHIRE. It is bounded on the north by the village of Chipping. Other nearby villages are Mitton, Grimsargh and Goosnargh.
The Swarbrick's were mostly Yeoman/Farmers, and like many other Lancastrians, still practiced the old religion. For many years, they were convicted as 'recusants' and listed in 'Papist Returns', that is until 1791, when they signed the 'Oath of Allegiance'.
Their place of worship was the Catholic chapel in Stonyhurst College.