I was in the State Library yesterday and did some searching for information about Jeremiah Carey in South Australia. It is not a lot, but the following is what I did find in the short time I had to stay there.
ARRIVAL IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Jeremiah Carey, laborer, aged 18 years arrived in South Australia 28th November 1856 aboard the "Lord Hungerford" which sailed from Plymouth. Jeremiah was born in Tipperary and was 18 years of age when he arrived in South Australia.
MARRIAGE IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Jeremiah aged 26 years, marital status not recorded son of Thomas Carey married 24th June 1866 to Mary Connors, aged 26 years, single, daughter of James Connors at St. Patrick's Church, Adelaide, District Adelaide
There are no children registered as children of Jeremiah Carey and Mary nee Connors in South Australia.
Patrick Joseph aged 34 years, single, son of Jeremiah Carey married 28th March 1910 to Agnes Winifred aged 21 years, single, daughter of Thomas Farrell at St. Peter and Paul Church, Gawler, District Barossa reference book 242 page 784
CHILDREN BORN TO PATRICK JOSEPH CAREY & AGNES WINIFRED FARRELL.
1. Agnes Winifred born 5th March 1918 at Gawler, District Barossa refrence book 15 page 292 stmbol 'A' denoting (1) The Registar has made an amendment to information on tis birth record and/or (2) The registar has included additional information on this birth record.
2. James Gerald born 25th August 1911 at Gawler, District Barossa reference book 871 page 114
3. Mary Paricia born 11th Augut 1913 at Gawler, District Barossa reference book 917 page 249
1. Jeremiah aged 40 years of near Roseworthy, died 31st May 1879 at near Roseworthy, informant not recorded, District Barossa reference book 95 page 277
2. Mary aged 65 years of Roseworthy died 31st December 1898 at Roseworthy, widow of Jermeiah Carey District Barossa reference book 258 page 3 symbol 'S' denoting the Registar has included supplementary information on this death record.
Hoping the above is of some interest.