Author Topic: William Archibald SUTHERLAND  (Read 3983 times)

Offline millo88

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Archibald SUTHERLAND
« on: Tuesday 08 July 08 23:39 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information that could help me link up and somehow piece together my family history. My Great Great Grand dad was called William Archibald Sutherland(1) who I believe was born/raised in Arbroath who was an engine fitter. His wife Mary Sutherland was formerly known as Mary Luinn/Zuinn. They had a son called William Archibald Sutherland (2) who was born 17th September 1888, in Tranmere in the county of Chester. I am not sure if they had any other children.

William Archibald(2) went to Ghana in west Africa sometime in the 1900s with someone called Donald, there he met my great grand mother called Nana-Nyarko and they gave birth to Edward Kofi Sutherland in 1912 in Ghana. I believe William Archibald Sutherland (2) went back to the UK, I am not sure exactly where or when he died or if he had married and had other children.

If you have any information about either William Archibald (1 and 2) or Mary Luinn/Zuinn please let me know. We are now a big family some of my uncles and aunties are in Ghana, but most of the family are now in the U.K

Moderator Comment: Thread Locked - If you can help please reply at

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,314274.from1215556570/topicseen.html#msg1954080

and a Big welcome to RootsChat millo88  ;D