Author Topic: CathayB Second Chance Scavenger Hunt. Everyone Welcome to Join In.  (Read 47001 times)

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
CathayB Second Chance Scavenger Hunt. Everyone Welcome to Join In.
« on: Tuesday 05 August 08 13:47 BST (UK) »
Welcome to this weeks Scavenger Hunt and it's CathayB's second chance...........which promises to be an interesting one.    I've no doubt it will delve into Romany and Traveller history again, which makes it one not to miss.

Good Luck and Good Hunting.

Barbara

OK............there's been a bit of a mix up.........totally my fault and I apologise.

Here's Cathay's knew information.

ucks.tephra told me i was going be next week and i was going send her new details cause i have finished old golbys/birch back to 1800 now.can i please change my mind and ask can we do  instead   william penfold who is in   kent 1st and then in surry with his wife and child alice.his child alice b.1874surry.william married catherine gillam1873. i do know william was in kent earlier on and his penfold family have a lot to do with killicks.sorry theres not a lot of info but i would love to teir these penfolds with the london or devon penfolds or gess family in some way.i am desperate to also find moses penfold who married a collinson girl back pre 1841.see what you can make osf this.

Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: CathayB Second Chance Scavenger Hunt. Everyone Welcome to Join In.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 August 08 13:54 BST (UK) »
маркировка книги  ;D
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 August 08 13:56 BST (UK) »

Yeeeeeee gawds Toni......are you sitting there fingers poised just waiting for me to post ??   ;D ;D ;D
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 August 08 14:15 BST (UK) »
ucks.tephra told me i was going be next week and i was going send her new details cause i have finished old golbys/birch back to 1800 now.can i please change my mind and ask can we do  instead   william penfold who is in   kent 1st and then in surry with his wife and child alice.his child alice b.1874surry.william married catherine gillam1873. i do know william was in kent earlier on and his penfold family have a lot to do with killicks.sorry theres not a lot of info but i would love to teir these penfolds with the london or devon penfolds or gess family in some way.i am desperate to also find moses penfold who married a collinson girl back pre 1841.see what you can make osf this.
birchs taylors penfold orchard hughes all romany gypsies in the west country

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 August 08 14:31 BST (UK) »
thanks tephra.i will now try and dig out some more info on these.cathayb

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 05 August 08 14:36 BST (UK) »
edward killick who connects with this family was born 1822 in kent.he was later known as a king of the gypsies.

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 05 August 08 14:44 BST (UK) »
Cathay,
         what dates do you have for Moses?
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline Lesanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 05 August 08 14:49 BST (UK) »
Hellooo peeps, back later....  ;D
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Berks Bucks Oxon= Norris Coxhead Turner Cox Weston Baston Simpson
Kent= Nicholls Mepstead Watts   Mile End=Craze Wood Bennett
Cork=Howe   NZ=Coxhead   Canada=Fenn Cox Turner

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 05 August 08 14:55 BST (UK) »
3 Moses Penfolds in the 1841....One born in 1801 Berkshire,another one in Berkshire 1831,and one in Sussex  born 1831..
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />