Author Topic: Detectives required for lost soul and a photo date ...  (Read 24872 times)

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
Detectives required for lost soul and a photo date ...
« on: Thursday 26 November 09 02:08 GMT (UK) »
I found this lovely pic in a shop last week...  the shop assistant telephoned me as she knows from past encounters that I have to take these lost souls home with me,  ;) 

It  is on matte card which is 13x11 inches approximately...It looks like a photograph that has been "doctored "  IE enhanced with what looks like a darkened watercolour ... eg her eyelashes and hair especially  the sleeves and parts of the lace on the neckline and the jewelery .. On the back is written her name , maiden name and the name of her two children !!
It says ...Louisa Mary Young nee Suffield -mother of Kitty and Marjorie .

Below the pic and not scanned ( pic was too big to get it all on scanner ) is what appears to be thename of the photographer A THAWLEY ... and on the right  BOAR LANE LEEDS .
Any information  about the this lady would be a real bonus , a date etc for the pic, Photographer  and of course I am offering her as a practise piece for your restorative powers and for colouring if you wish . She was found in a shop in Worcestershire near Kidderminster. What are the chances of finding some next of kin do you think ???   
 Poll...... with deerstalker and magnifying glass ! ;D
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
Re: Detectives required for lost soul and a photo date ...
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 November 09 02:45 GMT (UK) »

Hi

Can't help with the restore or date of photo..... but there are  births on FreeBMD for a Kathleen M YOUNG mmn SUFFIELD Sept Quarter 1911 Chorlton Lancashire and a Marjorie YOUNG mmn SUFFIELD Dec Quarter 1912 Chorlton Lancashire.

Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 26 November 09 02:49 GMT (UK) »

Louisa Mary SUFFIELD marr Alfred Robson YOUNG Dec Quarter 1911 Leeds Yorkshire

Karenlee

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 26 November 09 02:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen  thanks  .. I'm just trying to lock the thread on the West Yorkshire  board and I can't find the lock anywhere ..... am I going crackers ?... Will get back to you .... soon I hope ...  :-\
Ahah  found the lock ...  !!  :-[
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 26 November 09 03:01 GMT (UK) »

Louisa Mary SUFFIELD marr Alfred Robson YOUNG Dec Quarter 1901 Leeds Yorkshire

Karenlee
Right...  so this photo must be after 1901 1911 if its that Mrs Young... Hopefully Prue or Jim or China  or any other dating expert will confirm that before we go off on a wild wotsit ...  I only guess at dates with a general look  but they seem to know styles from year to year in some cases !!  :o ;D 

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 26 November 09 03:05 GMT (UK) »
My big bad... marriage was 1911 not 1901... sorry.... :'( :'(

She was born 1876 Bradford.  I have both her and Alfred on 1891, 1901 and 1911 Census.

No real leads on marriages for either of their daughters though, doesn't seem that there were anymore children either.

Cheers
Karenlee

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 26 November 09 03:14 GMT (UK) »
  Right.. My subscription expired on 23rd and  I wasn't going to renew it till next year as I knewI would be busy for 6-8weeks  but  I am just going to do it now and join in the search ,,, back in 5 ...
Flippin' 'eck ...it doesn't take long to spend it does it ... ?
 I'm a bit slow on the look up side of things .. 

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 26 November 09 03:37 GMT (UK) »

My big bad... marriage was 1911 not 1901... sorry.... :'( :'(

She was born 1876 Bradford.  I have both her and Alfred on 1891, 1901 and 1911 Census.

No real leads on marriages for either of their daughters though, doesn't seem that there were anymore children either.

Cheers
Karenlee
Thanks for looking  Karen.. It's 3 am and I'm struggling to staY awake so I'll start looking again tomorrow ...  BTW Where did you find them in 1911 .. anywhere in Worcestershire ?
 Maybe Louisa's siblings had children  Hmm will start looking tomorrow ...thanks again Karen ... :-*

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 26 November 09 03:43 GMT (UK) »

I found them still in Lanc in 1911 Poll. he was 27 and she was 35.  His occupation given as Clothiers Shop Manager.  His brother George Bell YOUNG was living with them, aged 29, Boot and Shoe Salesman.   They both came from reasonably sized families --  Alfred from Darlington Durham and Louisa from Yorkshire. Will see if I can find anything useful...  at last, something to allieviate the boredom caused by multiple broken bones....

Karenlee