I am also a GORHAM descendent. I live in Queensland, Australia. I have only just recently started to research this line.
This is where I am up to so far.
JAMES GORHAM b. 1718 Warbleton, Sussex ( parents JOHN GORHAM and SARAH?) m MARY? JAMES and MARY moved to Sevington, Kent
1. MARY GORHAM b. 1747 Warbleton m. THOMAS BARTEN 1767 at Sevington
2. SARAH GORHAM b. 1749 Kent m. THOMAS BARNARD 1777 Ashford
3. ELIZABETH GORHAM b. 1750 kENT m. SAMUEL BARNARD 1776 Ashford
4. SUSANNA GORHAM b. 1753 Kent m. THOMAS WILLIS 1774 Ashford
5. ESTER GORHAM b. 1755 Kent m. STEPHEN SILLIBOURNE 1779 at Sevington ( MY LINE)
6. JOHN GORHAM b. 1758 Kent m. MARY RICKMAN d. 1806 Willesborough
7. ANN GORHAM b. 1760 Kent m. JOSHUA RICKMAN 1783 at Ashford
8. JAMES GORHAM b. 1767 Kent m. MARY ANDREWS 1786 at Hinxhill d, 1791 at Aldington
The problem seems to be that they were Quakers, so the records are sketchy. I was able to get quite a few records from the non parochial BDM site. Also I have transcribed the wills of JAMES GORHAM of Sevington, Samuel Barnard and Thomas Barnard. They are available to view on the site www. willtranscriptions.co.uk. Peter has a great sit there. I will also upload the will of CALEB RICKMAN ( father of MARY RICKMAN and JOSHUA RICKMAN) in a day or so. I hope this helps someone, also I hope to hear of some of you, as it looks like we are related.