Author Topic: Looking info on Roley Farm Llanwnnog  (Read 6863 times)

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking info on Roley Farm Llanwnnog
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 March 13 11:10 GMT (UK) »
I suspect the address is Storehouse rather than Stonehouse.Perhaps the current equivalent is The Old Stores,Main Street,Caersws-postcode SY17 5EL.It is certainly close to Mantrig or Manthrig as per the census and also to the railway station for Edward's work.I don't know how to find the ownership of the property.

Regards
Roger

Offline Zoe-Hannah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 14 March 13 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou again Roger, what I was trying to map out is where exactly Edward was living at the time his children were born & if he owned or renting etc, as all his children seem to have been born in different parts of north wales, His eldest William was born in the farm of his grandparents Roly farm , the fourth child born in Barmouth, the youngest child born  Cambrian crossing. was hoping to find out exactly where the other 2 born but the birth certs for the other 2 don't give a proper address like the others. Also Roger none of the certs have Edward Humphery Jones like the youngest child did, would it be worth my while to see if its listed on the youngest child's marriage cert, can't post anything about her as she is still alive.
Jones, Thomas, Carr, McDougall, Tatlock, Naylor, Gordon, Brentnall, Parry, Brotherton.

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 14 March 13 19:35 GMT (UK) »
I'm not sure it is worth getting the marriage certificate,I can't see what you might conclude differently if the middle name was there or not.There might be some merit if the witness(es) were to give another lead,but that's a very long shot.I'll see if I can come up with a different/new angle-but I'm not overly optimistic.

Regards
Roger

Offline Richard Cattermole

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 08 September 14 21:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Very interesting reading this forum which includes my grandfather, otherwise known as Ben the Roley. I would be keen to talk with any of you. Richard Cattermole 01449 780038. jcattermole@hotmail.co.uk

Offline Zoe-Hannah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 09 September 14 12:37 BST (UK) »
Ben the Roley was my Great Grandmother's youngest brother, my great grandmother was Mary Jane Jones. I have sent you an email.

Regards

Zoe
Jones, Thomas, Carr, McDougall, Tatlock, Naylor, Gordon, Brentnall, Parry, Brotherton.

Offline Zoe-Hannah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 10 September 14 07:36 BST (UK) »
I would be interested to talk to you, hopefully we could swap info on the Jones family, I have photos that I would be more than happy to share, & any info that I have.

Hope to hear from you

Regards

Zoe.