Author Topic: A break through -CofI parish records - Bray, OldConnaught 1859  (Read 30894 times)

Offline Fitz62

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: A break through -CofI parish records - Bray, OldConnaught 1859
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 03 July 12 15:40 BST (UK) »
My father Tom Fitzpatrick, bought Palermo estate in 1946 from two ladies who then moved to a house by the back gate. The Bray council took all but 29 acres from him in the late 50s to build a housing estate. We had a farm and then a glove factory. The property was bought by a development company in 1982 and is now a housing estate. It was a wonderful property with a 32 room main house and outbuildings? Here is a map of the total property http://www.buildingsofireland.ie/cgi-bin/displayimage.cgi?id=2570&size=f&type=m1
I have photos of the interior

Offline Fitz62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 11 July 12 13:32 BST (UK) »
I found out today from my sister that Thomas Fitzpatrick bought Palermo from the hanstock sisters in 1941 after he sold the Wicklow bus company to cie in 1936

Offline Obandub

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 02 September 12 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Finbar
I'm margaret your uncle val's granddaughter. I've really enjoyed reading the bits of history that you have found out about our family, and it was great to see the photo of joseph margaret and their family again i've  not seen it since granda died. My dad (Gerard) is currently researching the family tree and has just returned from mullingar.
It would be so nice to see a completed family tree.

Margaret

Offline maggiegorey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 04 September 12 10:43 BST (UK) »
http://wicklow.rootsireland.ie/quis.php?page=1&confirmPageView=Y

As far as I can find out this is James marriage cert (no guarantees, as they wont let you look at them without paying) but the date ties in roughly with the age of Gertrude.

If you register, and then go county by county genealogy centre, it will give you a list of the parishes. However, if for any reason she was christened in Carlow or Dublin City, these are not listed on the site yet.

Im from Dun Laoghaire, so Im familiar with Bray and there is a Church known as St pauls in Little Bray, and then the big church of the Holy Redeemer on main street.

These are both RC. Any others listed will have the CI after them, and there is a large CI church on the road from Shankill going into Little Bray.
Goingt on my own experience, Ive discovered that everyone was born, but no-one seems to have been married (not yet anyway  ;D ;D)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 04 September 12 11:17 BST (UK) »
re the RootsIreland link - you need to be a member and signed in for that search link to work correctly.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline kpeet71

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 10 March 13 06:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello,  I recently found this post whilst researching Palermo.  My GG Grandfather worked there as a Footman in the mid 1890's - George King.  He lived at Bryan's Cottages at the time.  I am interested in the area around Palermo as my father grew up in a house called 'Richmond Hill' in the 1940's - 1950's which was in the same area as Palermo.  The house and land was also bought by a developer and is now a land estate (Fasseroe).  The Mount Pleasant Villas which are a row of houses that were adjacent to 'Richmond Hill ' are still there.  I would love to find out the history of this property but so far have not been able to find a thing.  I have attached a photo of the house.  My Grandfather George Peet and his wife Hilda inherited the house from Jack Gorham in the 1960's.  Prior to that they lived with Jack and my father and his twin brother grew up in the house.  Any information is appreciated. Regards

Karen Peet

Offline jendes

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 05 December 14 23:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi trying to fill in some gaps on my dad's family tree looking for any info on a Bernard or Brendan Fitzpatrick living in Palermo bray in 1970,s? Any info would be great ;)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 06 December 14 12:05 GMT (UK) »
For Karen Peet
If you enter Richmond Hill here in search the archives you will get several hits but you will probably have to go through them all to distinguish the Dublin ones.
If you enter George Peet in a seperate search you will see him mentioned in the will of Martha Campion.
http://www.nationalarchives.ie/genealogy1/genealogy-records/wills-testamentary-records/

Martha died aged 82 approx
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FPNF-L29
http://census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Clondalkin/Ronanstown/41650/

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 06 December 14 13:42 GMT (UK) »
John Hanstock,Land Agent Dec 1939 Will,Palermo Bray.
http://www.nationalarchives.ie/search-the-archives/