Author Topic: Thomas Ryan, Monsea, Tipperary  (Read 18805 times)

Offline MurrayF

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Ryan, Monsea, Tipperary
« Reply #9 on: Monday 09 August 10 02:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Shane;
Thanks for the map references. There is a Whitegates in Ballynacourty, which I believe is what Annaclare was talking about. Possible?

Murray

Offline MurrayF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 09 August 10 02:26 BST (UK) »
It is interesting that Annaclare mentions the border between Limerick and Tipperary, because stories that I heard as a child were that the family came from the border between Limerick and Tipperary.

Murray

Offline Hayes_Toni

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 12:58 BST (UK) »
My Great Great Grandfather is also Thomas Ryan Hayes.. the info I have is that he was born in 1750 farmed in Tippary County, Ireland . His children were Francis Ryan, which was the first to immigrate to Canada
Then Nathaniel Ryan  i have his info
then Caleb married Elanore Atkinson 1827-1903
then Abigail married Willaim Quigley of Delaware 1838.. if you have any info.. i am creating a document on our Hayes family tree and sending it to all that are related.. to add info to it.. from old to new generations..  please contact me..  i was so excited to read this post...

Offline MurrayF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 16:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Toni;
Great to hear from you. My Email address is:(*)
I have lot of information on the Ryans and Hodgins in Canada, which I would gladly send to you. I would appreciate getting a copy of whatever you have. I'm having difficulty figuring out where the Whitegates Farming Estate was, despite the welcomed assistance from other posters to this site.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Murray

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Sean_Ryan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 17 September 10 04:15 BST (UK) »
Hi there. I am also tracing my Ryan family tree on ancestry.ca and cannot go past Thomas Ryan (1740-1816) who was married to Bridget Hayes (1744-1830). I live in London, Ontario and am a decendent of Francis Ryan and Mary Hodgins also and was wondering if you have any further information that would help my search. Thanks and anything I can do please let me know.

Offline MurrayF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 17 September 10 15:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Sean;
Great to hear from you. I am a sleep medicine physician in Calgary, Alberta. I have quite a bit of information I could share with you, but need to find out how we could exchange the information. Could you tell me a bit more about yourself?
Talk to you later.

Murray

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 17 September 10 16:22 BST (UK) »
Personal details, recent family information, email address, etc. should be exchanged by PM (personal message)- each person needs to have 3 posts before they can do this.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Sean_Ryan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 22 September 10 03:10 BST (UK) »
Hey Murray, I am a financial advisor living in London. I need to post 3 times for some reason before we can share personal information. I've done some more research and although my family is from Lucan it turns out they were not related to the Ryans in Lucan that I mentioned. At least not William Hodgins Ryan as originally thought although I can only go back to 1821 back in Ireland so far so I guess we could still be related to Thomas.

I am extremely fascinated and would love to find out more. I know John Ryan (1821-1901)came over from Ireland to settle in Ontario but cannot find out who his parents were. His gravesite is actually only 100 miles from year so I will probably go check that out soon.

Anyways, good to hear from you let me know what else we can do from here.

Offline MurrayF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 22 September 10 03:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Sean;
One more post from you, and we should be good to go. Like I said, I have quite a lot of information about the Ryans that I can send to you, and I would sure like to get a look at your family tree thus far. There is a chap by the name of Bob Passmore, living in Vernon, BC, that has a lot of information about the Ryans.
My family tree is posted on a number of sites including GenesReunited, Ancestry.ca and My Heritage.
If you were able to get a look at John Ryan's gravestone (and get a good phto of it), that might answer a number of questions.
We'll talk more later.

Murray