Author Topic: Annie McLaughlin Buncrana  (Read 69669 times)

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie McLaughlin (Mcloughlin) & James Harkin
    • View Profile
Re: Annie McLaughlin Buncrana
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 30 June 12 11:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Ned
I have sent you a PM message go to the top of the page and click messages
                                                                                                                    Little Annie
Had to send 2 message first info was incorrect.
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline big pat on

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 30 June 12 21:43 BST (UK) »
hi-20  stone ned,
if you are in clonmany at present you will no doubt find some people in meendoran who will help
if you wish to send me a personal message i could maybe help out.
good luck
big Pat on

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 03 July 12 18:12 BST (UK) »
Just seen this record this record on the family search site .
matches family names !!
Birth James Mcloughlin, Born 9th November 1867  baptism/ christening place 124 Buncrana
parents James & Sally Mcloughlin any idea on the address 124 !! if this is the correct parents? this would be Annies McLaughlin oldest brother that would mean my Great grand dad 4 x was also called James
                                                                                                                                                Little Annie
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline 20 STONE NED

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 05 July 12 19:18 BST (UK) »
I have just come across the original baptisimal cert for my Grandmother Mary Donagy 2nd May 1879 in St Marys Buncrana  . Father is George Donaghy but mother is given as Catherine Mclaughlin .This would make her an aunt of of Mary McClaughlin Fallisk as my Grandmother was Marys 1st Cousin . MY Grandmother had one brother George who died young  and sisters Bridget, Sarah ,Ellen, Hannah,Cassie  . This Donaghy branch died out with the death of the son. This solves one of the connection problems for me. Would the dates be correct for the Cassie Donaghy mentioned in earlier posts

Ned

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Thursday 05 July 12 21:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Ned
When was Cassie born ? auntie still thinks there were two brothers ? . The Question i would think she is Catherine is Mary (potts) & Sarah my ggrand mothers Auntie , so going on 1st daughters names there mother is called Bridget/ Biddy . I did hear the name Mcgonigal?  mentioned before but cannot remember which side of the family if its correct
                                                      Little Annie

Offline 20 STONE NED

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 05 July 12 23:33 BST (UK) »
Cassie was born in 1881 she is in the  Clenagh 1901 census. There was only talk of one son he died with while cutting turf ,with a stroke. he was 19? years. My Grand mother was called Red Mary and this trend went through the generations  A neice of hers  had red hair and was married and living in Red Row in Buncrana late 1960's She was either married to a  McClauglin or Mcgonigle . I dont know which sister was her mother.

Ned

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Friday 06 July 12 21:08 BST (UK) »
My Granny & Mother had red hair so did some of her brothers & sisters , my cousins also had red hair in the one family.
We are all darker hair, but the first granddaughter of my mothers was born with red hair she looked like Shirley Temple.
         Little Annie

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 08 April 14 18:38 BST (UK) »
John McLaughlin born 1851 ? from fallask!! married Mary Mcdaid  father John Mcdaid ( TIRK) any help appreciated .
                         little Annie

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 25 July 15 13:57 BST (UK) »
I have found the marriage of George Donagy & Catherine Mclaughlin January 18 1874 his address is Ballymagan hers is fallask!! Witness for groom is William Doherty,brides is Henry mclaughlin.