Author Topic: springfield boarding school!!  (Read 4687 times)

Offline good4ulady65

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
springfield boarding school!!
« on: Wednesday 07 February 07 20:44 GMT (UK) »

i am looking for information on springfield boarding school on scotland lane horsforth leeds.. i read on here someone else is looking for information too.. well  i have learnt today it was a hosptial in 1901 .. im still searching for other information from there to present day.. which i heard was demolished to make a longer runway but this is not true as last november i decided to take a trip to see for myself and to my amazement it was still there but modernised and it is not a reseach place, i attended here in 1973 to 1977 and they was a lot of good memories i remember my headmaster then was a mr smith.. and i remember a teaher called mrs butterworth..i could go on but i wish not to bore you all so any info or pictures ..websites anything infact would be great.. thank you for your time  regards  from mandy pedersen

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: springfield boarding school!!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 February 07 00:12 GMT (UK) »
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline good4ulady65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 February 07 08:09 GMT (UK) »
hello Ecneps,

oh yes" thank you so much that is the place ...i have a few pics of the place but you can never have enough .. you see i hope one day to try build a website of the place and put as much info and pictures on it as possible and i hope one day that people who knew and attended there can look on the sight and keep in touch with other people..well thats my plan but wether it works or not is another story ha ha... thank you anyway regards from mandy

Offline drumkit1310

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 August 14 01:23 BST (UK) »
hello Ecneps,

oh yes" thank you so much that is the place ...i have a few pics of the place but you can never have enough .. you see i hope one day to try build a website of the place and put as much info and pictures on it as possible and i hope one day that people who knew and attended there can look on the sight and keep in touch with other people..well thats my plan but wether it works or not is another story ha ha... thank you anyway regards from mandy

Offline drumkit1310

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 August 14 12:36 BST (UK) »
Springfield School, yes I remember it very well. I attended there from 1976 to 1981. For the first 3 years I absolutely hated it as Mr Smith our first headmaster there was a complete and utter bastard with us when he wanted to be and I stiil remember when he forced porridge down my f**k**g throat and nearly making me sick just because I did not like it. Mrs Butterworth was an absolute gem so was Miss Heald which I very much respected and liked them very much and good old Mrs Kenyon, god bless her, Mr Grace another great teacher well liked and I respect them with all of my heart. Mr Andrews a good teacher but another prat ,I tried to get on with and learned a lot from him. After the fat bastard (Mr Smith) left and John Kirby took over as headmaster, it was a godsend, he was absolutely brilliant but strict and he does deseve my respect as I found going to the school a lot better than going when fat Smith was there. Yes, I was a wayward child when I was younger, doing really silly things like flooding the toilets out. Now that I have grown up and settled down, I am now a very talented and professional self taught drummer making my own beats and rhythms to popular song and music and hope to be able to produce cds and records and start up a band to do this.