Author Topic: SLESSOR  (Read 43367 times)

Offline stevesless

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
SLESSOR
« on: Thursday 13 April 06 11:22 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I am currently researching the name SLESSOR and any variants such as SLESSER and SLESSAR. I am particularly intrested in any links for people living in the LONGSIDE/CRUDEN parishes, especially the village of Rora.

I can be contacted on here via a reply or prefrably on e-mail to Moderator comment: e-mail addressremoved to prevent spamming or other abuse.  Please use personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.  Thank you!!

Many Thanks
Steve

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: SLESSOR
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 April 06 11:36 BST (UK) »
found only one birth

SLESSOR     Jean Robb   

Christ.   28 Mar 1858    at    Cruden     Aberdeen, Scotland
   Fath   James SLESSOR
   Moth   Christian DANIEL

audrey

Offline brandon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 August 06 13:24 BST (UK) »
I am researching Slessors from the Aberdeenshire area,i have Slessors in Longside,Tyrie,Rathen and Fraserburgh.

Offline cabrach

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 31 October 06 12:43 GMT (UK) »
I've come across a few Slessor/Slessers but have not yet attempted to sort them out.  Perhaps others can confirm details or tell us how these folk are really related. 

There is a George Slessor born in Longside, 1707 and another in Peterhead, 1681.  two marriages for Georges appear at Longside - 1710 with Agnes Findlay and 1717 with Helen Marischall.  A bunch of George Slessor children then appear at Longside - Elspet 1711; Jean 1718 then a gap to William 1730 (at Invervedie); John 1734; James 1737.

William Slessor and Margaret Rob then have two children at Old Deer - Margaret 1755 (at Netherkinknockie); Joseph 1759.

Margaret marries (though I've not found a record) Alexander Smith at Cairncummers, Old Deer.

Offline brandon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 31 October 06 15:56 GMT (UK) »
I have a whole family tree of Slessors from Peterhead and Longside but im not clever enough to post it on here.It was sent to me by a relative by e-mail and i dont know how to send it on except by e-mail.

Offline stevesless

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 30 December 06 09:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brandon,

I would be very intrested in swapping any slessor data, i have a considerable amount which i would gladly share with you

Steve

Offline milto1384

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 12 February 07 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a Hariet Slessor of Peterhead, Aberdeen born in the mid 1750's???

Alan

Offline revmother2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 12 February 07 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi
There is a very famous Slessor lady - Mary Mitchell Slessor who was born  december 2nd 1848 in Gilcomston, Aberdeen.
She was a missionary in Calabar - west coast of Africa.
there is a book you may be able to get from a library called "Mary Slessor of Calabar" (Pioneer Missionary) by W P Livingstone.
she was an extraordinary woman.
I wish I was related to her and had half her faith!
revmother
England - mainly Leicestershire -Plunkett (and London), Kibby, Springthorpe, Gittins, Bates, Forman, Stevenson, Crofts, Growdridge, Flower, Wigston, Ward , and in Scotland - McLauchlan, Paterson, Aughton, Speirs, McCallum, Gray, Gemmell, Hillhouse, Fredrick etc.......<br />Ayrshire mostly

Offline KJM

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 19 February 07 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I am currently researching the name SLESSOR and any variants such as SLESSER and SLESSAR. I am particularly intrested in any links for people living in the LONGSIDE/CRUDEN parishes, especially the village of Rora.

I can be contacted on here via a reply or prefrably on e-mail to Moderator comment: e-mail addressremoved to prevent spamming or other abuse.  Please use personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.  Thank you!!

Many Thanks
Steve
Margaret Slessor married my GGGGgandfather George Warrander July 1793 in Old Deer.  Their children lived in Longside. Margaret's parents were George & Janet (nee Jelly) Slessor.  Is this of any relevance to you?
Regards
Karen