Author Topic: Help with burial  (Read 3441 times)

Offline Floss

• RootsChat Senior
  • John Forward 1823-1903
    • View Profile
Re: Help with burial
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 05 February 11 09:12 GMT (UK) »
vbain - Thank you for the info, I will try and contact the Brantford Library  :)

Jacquie - Have pmd you  :)

Thanks for the info about the birth of a baby, Joan, will look into it :)

Yes Josephs parents were Joseph and Mary, Clifford is his brother.  I've just been in contact with someone from Australia who is descended from Clifford, I never knew he went there so that you've found this info is amazing.

Thank you
Cutsforth - Hull
Blades/Donson - Lincolnshire
Forward - Hull/Lincolnshire/Polperro
Fryman - Grimsby
Seed - Dewsbury/Lincolnshire
McIlduff - Portadown/Glasgow
McIntosh - Aberdeen/Glasgow
Beattie - Angus/Aberdeen
Census Information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline idahoannie

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 July 14 05:01 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the list of the deaths in the Onawa, ME Train Wreck, Dec 1919.  My grandfather Perley S. McIntire died in a train wreck December 1919 (the death certificate said Sudbury Ontario Dec. 16th 1919, but the exact day may be wrong).  He was a locomotive fireman for the Canadian  Pacific Railroad.  His family was from Maine and his wife was Marie C. (Atkins) Mcintire.  They had two small children, Virginia Pearl and Cecelia (Cecelia was born in Ontario CA and Virginia was born in August 1919 in Portland Maine). Virginia was my mom and I have a letter from her aunt about my grandfather dying in a train wreck around Christmas time and that he worked for the CP railroad.  If anyone has a list of the dead and injured, can you please let me know.  I'm at a bit of a dead end.

..   . 

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 July 14 18:58 BST (UK) »
The Ontario death registration states that he died between Sudbury and I believe Cartier while working on December 16, 1919.  An Ontario death registration would not have been issued for a death in Maine.   His burial was to take place in Maine but it does not specify a cemetery.  His place of birth was given as "probably East Newport Maine".

Offline LindaGW

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 21 July 14 19:03 BST (UK) »
A list of fatalities (albeit incomplete) of the Onawa ME crash appeared on page 1 of the Montreal Gazette on December 22, 1919.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/018th/ 
However, your grandfather's name is not on the list. This is not really surprising - as Cosmac says, an Ontario death certificate would not have been issued for a death in Maine.

It may be worth checking with the Sudbury Public Library to see if they can find a newspaper account of a local rail accident in mid-December 1919.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/018ti/

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 16:27 BST (UK) »
As well, the Onawa crash occurred on December 20, 1919 so Perley died before it occurred. Even if the exact date Perley died is incorrect, his death was registered on December 17, 1919.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz