Author Topic: Immigration - Niagara falls  (Read 872 times)

Offline syljun

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Immigration - Niagara falls
« on: Tuesday 03 June 14 19:22 BST (UK) »
Can anyone give any info. on William Davies b. Cardiff, Wales 1889 - Unmarried arrived 24th August 1912 at Niagara Falls please.
I am wondering if this could be my long-lost Uncle last heard of on 1911 Census working as a Miner at Pontypridd, Wales.
Help with info. on this William would be of great help as I do not know where to search next. All avenues seem to have been exhausted and have been searching for years and would like to bring search to conclusion.
Thank you, Syljun

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Immigration - Niagara falls
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 19:51 BST (UK) »
Hi,

William Davies - aged 23 years - born 1889 Cardiff Wales. Medical Student. Last residence :- Winnipeg Manitoba. Brother Griffith Davies - 716 Rosser Avenue, Winnipeg Manitoba. Going to Chicago Illinois. Orpheum Circuit Office. Illinois. Landed St John Feb 26th 1912 on the Tunisian.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 05:11 BST (UK) »
I see you've had a number of threads looking for an uncle named William Thomas Davies born in 22 Sep 1888 but in the posts I've looked at (I've not looked in them all) I haven't seen any mention of his parents. Can you provide that information as it may help with the search.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline syljun

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 07:14 BST (UK) »
Hi, Thank you Sandra. Another to cross off list. I keep coming back to searching for William.

Hi Jacquie, His Parents were William Davies and Mary Jane (nee Stringer). Father William b. 31st May 1859 Died 14th August 1893 - Barry, Glamorgan. Mary Jane remarried 1895 to Alfred Owen - Died 1904.
Registration District for Barry was Cardiff and have come to notice that sometimes birthplace is put as Cardiff.  Mother Mary Jane Owen died 1937 - Barry, Glamorgan, Wales.
Thank you both for replying. Syljun