Author Topic: Miriam Brown  (Read 3503 times)

Offline Rodger

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Miriam Brown
« on: Thursday 03 July 14 19:00 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information on Miriam W. Brown who was born on September 29, 1870 and died on October 26, 1946. She lived in Ontario Canada and is buried in Park Lawn Cemetery in Toronto with Art and Dorothy Hill  and Marion Hiscott. I believe she was living in Toronto in 1942 possibly at 68 Tranky or Tranby Ave.

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Miriam Brown
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 July 14 22:06 BST (UK) »
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=hill&GSfn=dorothy&GSiman=1&GScid=639391&GRid=82341078&

Do you know the relationship between Miriam Brown and the Hill or Hiscott family or is that the information you are looking for?

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 July 14 22:09 BST (UK) »
Do you know whether Brown was her maiden name or her married name?
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Rodger

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 04 July 14 00:01 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately I don't. My guess is that is her maiden name and
she wasn't married. But it is only a guess because there is no mention of a husband on her gravestone. She is buried in the grave with my great uncle Art Hill. He and his wife had no children. The other person in the plot is Marion Hiscott my uncle's wife's sister who was never  married. I remember going to my uncles often and there never was a Miriam Brown there.

Offline Rodger

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 04 July 14 00:22 BST (UK) »
I may have found evidence that Brown may have been Miriam's married name. On a travel document to the states Dorththy Hiscott's brother lists a Mrs. M.W. Brown. Unfortunately I don't know why her name is on the document. This is not his wife and his wife's maiden name wasn't Brown.

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 04 July 14 01:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Rodger,

Dorothy's brother Richard Hiscott's border crossing in 1942 where it lists Mrs. M.W. Brown, 68 Tranby Ave.......just before that it appears to read Aunt ???  ???

Cheers
DB

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 04 July 14 01:54 BST (UK) »
Glad you confirmed what I thought it said.  Those images are so hard to decipher sometimes.  Could also be related to wife Ethel.  Not sure what her maiden name reads as.

Offline Rodger

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 04 July 14 03:46 BST (UK) »
On the back of his travel document its lists his wife's maiden name as Hawes born in London England March 29, 1907.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 04 July 14 09:44 BST (UK) »
Take a look at ancestry. They have a Miriam W Brown, born about 1871, travelling from Quebec to Southampton in 1929. Also a Eustace O Brown on the ship. Both teachers. However, they have not given the same proposed adress in England, so there may be no connection between them.

Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn