Author Topic: MELLODY all spellings  (Read 2607 times)

Offline bjh1225

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MELLODY all spellings
« on: Sunday 21 September 14 21:10 BST (UK) »
Michael Mellody/Mellidy/Malady  was born in Co Clare abt 1808 - 1811 .  His family was Roman Catholic.   The given name of Thomas comes down in this family.  I have found mention of it in Co Clare in the parish of Tomgraney (Cappacannoun).    Michael was in St John, New Brunswick before  his marriage  there on 26 Nov 1840 to  Mary Ann Corkery/Corcorran at St Malachys Roman Catholic church.   

There were so few families in Co Clare with the surname of Mellody that I hope there is someone that has knowledge of Michael's family.   I  am going to assume that he was baptized in a Roman Catholic parish.

Thanks for any leads.    Bettye

Offline annesthreads

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MELLODY all spellings
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 September 14 08:45 BST (UK) »
Michael Mellody/Mellidy/Malady  was born in Co Clare abt 1808 - 1811 .  His family was Roman Catholic.   The given name of Thomas comes down in this family.  I have found mention of it in Co Clare in the parish of Tomgraney (Cappacannoun).    Michael was in St John, New Brunswick before  his marriage  there on 26 Nov 1840 to  Mary Ann Corkery/Corcorran at St Malachys Roman Catholic church.   

There were so few families in Co Clare with the surname of Mellody that I hope there is someone that has knowledge of Michael's family.   I  am going to assume that he was baptized in a Roman Catholic parish.

Thanks for any leads.    Bettye

I have some Melodys in my family. I'm away from home at the moment but will check when I get back.
Brien; Young (Gloucestershire and Manchester); Gleave; Wilson (Lincolnshire and Manchester); Brandish; Buxton; Govier; Hilton (Lancashire); Gerrard; Bishop (Gloucestershire).