Author Topic: Places in Killorglin  (Read 8373 times)

Offline Nettie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • You can choose your friends but not your relations
    • View Profile
Re: Places in Killorglin
« Reply #9 on: Friday 21 February 14 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Still searching for the James Finn / Julia Connor marriage approx dates 1855-1860's. To date I have searched Ancestry, Find My Past, Irish Genealogy Church Records and Family Search all to no avail.

Are there other places I could search?

The 1911 Census has them as married but no years entered. Should have been around 50 by that stage.Should I read anything into this or is it most likely just an omission - there were several errors / edits already on the return so I'm thinking they didn't read the categories all that well.

Without a marriage, and hopefully a father's name for Julia, I can't go backwards. I have found many possible baptism records for her in 1837 in Killarney and one keeps jumping out at me. The parents names match with her children and I keep coming back to it.  Is there another way to prove / disprove the link?

Anyway, any guidance appreciated.
Researching: Cronin / Nolan - Gortadrislig, Kerry
Finn/Clifford - Callinafercy and Scort, Kerry
Spillane - Milltown
Also:- Byrne / Tyrrell - Dublin

Offline Nettie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • You can choose your friends but not your relations
    • View Profile
Re: Places in Killorglin
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 13:08 BST (UK) »
Two months down the track from my last post and no gains have been made. I did eliminate the one that kept jumping out at me and one other.

Realistically, without the marriage cert and not knowing if Julia had any siblings, is it worth pursuing this line?

At this stage I am only missing 5 sets of 3x great grandparents and I have a feeling I'm not going to ever complete the set.
Researching: Cronin / Nolan - Gortadrislig, Kerry
Finn/Clifford - Callinafercy and Scort, Kerry
Spillane - Milltown
Also:- Byrne / Tyrrell - Dublin