Author Topic: Frances Mann born 1756 married Christopher Townsend married 1776 died in Cork  (Read 7355 times)

Offline kiddo1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for information on Frances Mann born 1756 who married Christopher Townsend in 1776, died in Cork Ireland ? Her father was Isaac Mann died in 1789 in Cork, Ireland. Her Mother's name
unknown.
Would be most grateful for any information, as Christopher is a relative in the early stages of my Family Tree.

Kiddo

Offline Sonas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Frances Mann born 1756 married Christopher Townsend married 1776 died in Cork
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 January 13 20:32 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if this is a coincidence but there was an Isaac Mann who was Church of Ireland Bishop of Cork & Ross and who died Dec 1788. Is this the same Isaac Mann?

Offline kiddo1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Frances Mann born 1756 married Christopher Townsend married 1776 died in Cork
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 February 13 01:23 GMT (UK) »

To Sonas,
       Thank you for your information I believe this could be the one and same person. Will try and find a few more links to this part of the family.
       Once again many thanks for your reply.
       Regards,
              Kiddo

Offline kiddo1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 11 February 13 09:58 GMT (UK) »

Hi Sonas,
           Frances Mann was born in Cork, Ireland in 1756 and married Christopher Townsend in Cork.

Trying to find out who her parents were and also if she had any siblings. Is there any chance you
might be able to get some information on the above.

Many thanks,

Kiddo

Offline Sonas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 11 February 13 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi kiddo1, as I said to you in the pm last week any info I found was a result of googling. You don't sound very sure in your last post that Isaac Mann is Frances's father? Can I suggest that you post what you know for sure and how you know it, and things that you are speculating about. There is an Ancestry  tree that mentions Isaac Mann with daughter Frances (born 1756, Cloyne) who married Christopher. If this isn't yours perhaps contact the tree owner.

In relation to the bishop called Isaac Mann, he didn't become Bishop of Cork until 1772 and seems to have been Archdeacon of Dublin in 1757 so there may be a problem somewhere if Frances Mann was born in Cork in 1756.

This is very early for Irish records.

Offline kiddo1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 12 February 13 01:57 GMT (UK) »

Hi Sonas,
         Thank you for your reply. Have used Ancestry and come with that Isaac Mann adopted Frances, Henry & John around  1765 as their parents had died.

Isaac was the brother of their Father Samuel.
          Frances married Christopher Townsend in 1776
          John married Mary Smyth in 1771
          Henry married Jayne Smyth in 1767.
          They were all married in Cloyne, Ireland. Isaac never married.

Will continue my search on Mann family but, will take time as I am only a beginner.

Once again many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Kiddo

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 14 February 13 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Go to www.corkpastandpresent.ie and type Mann (or whatever) into the Search box at the top right hand side of the page and lots of Mann information will appear.

Cheers

Offline kiddo1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 15 February 13 22:11 GMT (UK) »

Hi LH,
           Thank you very much for your information on above. It is amazing how far back records go.
Once I finish I'll be going onto Townsend/Robey side. Until you start looking for family you don't realise just how much is involved.

Once again many thanks for your help

Regards,

Kiddo

Offline retiree1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 25 June 13 10:03 BST (UK) »
I am a descendant of Frances and Christopher- living in Australia- maiden name Townsend. So exciting - I too would like to go further back with this line of the family. Please keep in touch.