Author Topic: Arkleston Cementry, Renfrewshire!  (Read 28143 times)

Offline LuRose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Arkleston Cementry, Renfrewshire!
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 22:45 BST (UK) »
Williams,
When you go back over to the cemetery, would you look for graves with the names:::
Ochiltree/Ocheltree/Uchiltre/Vchitre....Alexander Alan Ochiltree and Maryone Euing were the parents to my Alexander Ochiltree who was sent to US and died by an Indian attack..Michael and Matthew also were born in Renfrew. The date would be ca1700-1749  The three boys were sent to American and the parents stayed in Renfrew...

Thank you..
Uchiltre, MacUchtraigh of Gall, Tyrone Ire, Ochiltree, Williams. MacDonald

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 27 July 11 07:10 BST (UK) »
dont you have a plot number or a row number or anything else as it is a very big cemetery and the dates you have said there might not be any headstone unless they where rich people.

as there is 12 bits of the cemetery starting with section
a.b.c.d.e.f.g.h.j.k.l.m.

and in section b.. alone there are 733 graves so you are asking for me to find a needle in a haystack. it would take me months to look without knowing where to look. if you can ask the council i will look for you no problem at all
brown family mcclinton (and variants), mcfarlane, buchanan,murray,caskie(and variants) hay family. mcpherson family.mckenzie.whiteside.nichol

Offline Rob CULLEN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 07 March 14 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi there - not sure if I can still be cheeky and ask here but my grandmother Margaret Montgomery (who I don't even have a photo of !) died 12 March 1946 and was buried in Arkleston on 16 March 1946.  The council were very good at getting me this information.

Margaret Montgomery,
Died : 12 March 1946, 13 Dunlop Street, Renfrew
Internment : 16 March 1946, Age 51, Depth 8 ft
Compartment O, Lair No 521 ?  [will try to add and image to this post]

If the kind chap that lived close to the cemetery - or anyone else for that matter could have a look see for a grave stone that would be great.  I am not expecting a stone to be honest.  Even a photo of the general area.

One day when I get up to the UK I will go and visit myself - but any help would be great.

Regards, Rob Cullen, Auckland, New Zealand.

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 09 March 14 11:17 GMT (UK) »
i went to the cemetery today for you and had a look but i could not find a gravestone at all for the person that you are looking for i took pictures of the cemetery for you round about where the grave should be in that area. i hope this helps you
brown family mcclinton (and variants), mcfarlane, buchanan,murray,caskie(and variants) hay family. mcpherson family.mckenzie.whiteside.nichol

Offline Rob CULLEN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 10 March 14 08:22 GMT (UK) »
Thanks.  I really appreciate this - it gives me an idea of what the cemetery looks like and the area my Grandmother is buried.  I would have been surprised if a headstone existed as she died alone and would not have been the wealthiest. 

Alot of relatives in New Zealand here have no headstone as well sadly... 

If you need anything from Auckland or NZ looked up send me an email - but for now thank you very much.  Really, really appreciate that.  Rob Cullen.

Offline Buoys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 22 November 20 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello William1,

My mum recently passed away, but prior to doing so she showed me some old Arkleston Cemetery certificates:

26 May 1944. Certificate No. 3875. One Lair at Sec.t: L Compartment: P No. 61 surname Rankin or McLean.

11 February 1967. Certificate No. 5405. One Lair at Sec.t: K Compartment: L No. 20 Surname Rankin.

If possible, on your next visit to the cemetery, would you be able to take a photo of any headstones that may be there so I can check who is buried in each lair. My mum’s mother died when she was about four years old and I think she may be buried in the Lair dated 1944. However, there may not be any headstones given the era and the fact that there were multiple deaths in the family around the same time.

Many thanks.

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 16 January 21 09:25 GMT (UK) »
i am sorry i just seen your request yesterday i will go up when it is dry and see what i can find dont you have any first names at all because you can find the area but you cant find out the number on the stone because of the weather over the years

Offline Buoys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 16 January 21 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much, much obliged.

I believe No. 3875 may be Annie Burgess Rankin nee McLean and No. 5405 William Miller Rankin.

Kind regards, Fiona

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 17 January 21 13:02 GMT (UK) »
lair sec L compartment 61 the headstone reads ( in loving memory of my dear husband angus MacLean died 22/may / 1944 aged 59 years.

the second sec k compartment L 20 had no headstone at all there was one to the right and one to the left and nothing for you.
i found death certificates in scotlandspeople

Annie burgess McLean married to WILLIAM john McLean she died 27/04/1945

WILLIAM miller Rankin death 09/02/1967 age 66 years born 25/11/1900 married to Margaret Dickson

WILLIAM Mullen Rankin parents are Robert Rankin mother Mary Mullen

angus McLean death 04/01/1944 married to Mary McDonald

i have these 3 certificates