Author Topic: D.P. Moran - Irish journalist, activist and cultural-political theorist  (Read 3459 times)

Offline MoranD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
D.P. Moran was  an important Irish journalist, activist and cultural-political theorist born in Waterford in Manor street Waterford City in 1869. His father was James Moran a builder and his mother was Elizabeth Carey/Carew. His parents were married in St Johns parish in 1842.

I wonder has anybody traced his ancestry due to the fact that he was significant?

The reason why I ask is because my great great grandfather John Moran was DP Morans uncle. As such we share common ancestors. Unfortunately, having tried everything I can't past my great great grandfathers John Morans marriage in 1829 in St Patricks Waterford.

I believe that I have the death cert for John in 1881 in Waterford city but am stuck now.
I have all the relevant church records available from RootsIreland.

Anyone offer any advise on how to move back with John or find a research done on D.P. Moran?

Thanks

Offline vasaborg

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: D.P. Moran - Irish journalist, activist and cultural-political theorist
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 September 13 19:13 BST (UK) »
D. P. Moran has a Wikipedia page, there was also a lot of information when I googled his name.

Offline MoranD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: D.P. Moran - Irish journalist, activist and cultural-political theorist
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 September 13 19:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks Vasaborg. Things have moved on a bit since that post. I'm now stuck on my great great great grandfather James Moan was the grandfather of D.P. Moran. It would have been good if someone had documented D.P. Morans ancestors as they're mine also. I've done a lot of research on D.P. But haven't found that information - only a mention of his father who I am aware of.

I'll open another post with the the title "Death 1864, but death certificate not found" to see if anyone has encountered a similar problem.

Thanks again