Author Topic: (*Completed with thanks*)George Mara Bruce  (Read 6706 times)

Offline Br1gau

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: (*Completed with thanks*)George Mara Bruce
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 September 14 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi,

No I'm not related, just like puzzles, especially Scottish ones.  The several family trees mentioned above all show just three children.  Don't say Margaret lost two after George's death!!

Have sent you a PM

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: George Mara Bruce
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 September 14 00:47 BST (UK) »
Ah know what you mean about puzzles…I do get caught up with them myself and then get carried away…..I have done much research for different folks,when I need something stimulating…mind you..I have so much of my own as work.
I have not put stuff up the internet…..but will help or exchange with those that need help.
Hate the ones that say.."Oh,can you send  me all that you have"….
Some time back I spotted on Ancestry someone had stuck a :"Henry"into my line,I knew it was wrong.SO researched it and sent the gal corrections and pouted out her silly mistake,She was most grateful and I was happy Henry moved to his right family.
Then there are the adopted ones who try and claim a tee…Oh well.
Can you imagine what ancestry will be like in 25-50. years..every copying everyone else's mistakes.
Again I thank you s much…...
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 26 September 14 04:02 BST (UK) »
Br1gau
             Thank you for the very interesting PM…I will keep it that way…I typed and printed for myself.
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 October 14 15:02 BST (UK) »
Completed With Many Thanks

Offline jonnorton12345

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 15 March 16 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ann

I have several really great photos of George Mara Bruce if you're interested, plus lots of photos of Margaret. George was my Great Uncle, killed on his horse crossing the river Tweed. I also have photos of all his brothers and sisters and many of his aunts and Uncles.

Let me know anyway.

All the best

Jon

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 15 March 16 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jon,
       Hope you still have my personal email…I would love a photo of George Mara Bruce.
All these treasures enhance our family tree.
    Cheers  Ann

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 15 March 16 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Jon,
     Oh my gosh…photos of all brothers & sisters…that would be delightful.
When you have time….I would be thrilled.
     Cheers Ann