Author Topic: King Family of Fintona  (Read 1392 times)

Offline suemccall

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
King Family of Fintona
« on: Monday 14 October 13 04:37 BST (UK) »
I have been researching Anne King (b. 1825) who married George Small (a convict) in Wollongong, Australia in 1842.  I have just had a great breakthrough which was a family diary of one of their daughters who has provided a great clue which leads me to strongly suspect that Anne King had some sisters in Australia Ellen (b. 1829 m. William Bridge in 1846), Mary Jane (b, 1826) and Jane m Andrew Stewart in 1841 and that they are from Fintona, Tyrone, Ireland and all migrated to Australia. Anne King also has a William King as a witness on her marriage certificate.  I believe they were protestants.  I would be most grateful for any help in identifying their parents. 
Shortt, Antisell, Owen, Smith and Bagnall Families of Ireland
Edols, Lees/Lee of Liverpool, Lancashire, Ross of Renfrewshire, Bryce of Renfrewshire, Family of Hew Craig and Margaret Dumas, Gibraltar.  Dumas family of Killarney, Kerry, Ireland.

Offline Erica Elliott

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: King Family of Fintona
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 April 16 02:00 BST (UK) »
(Mary Jane (b, 1826) and Jane m Andrew Stewart in 1841 and that they are from Fintona, Tyrone, Ireland and all migrated to Australia)

I'm wondering if you have any more information on the andrew stewart and the  Mary Jane that is mentiioned above. I think this post is from a few years ago but I'm related to Andrew Stewart and am wondering if he actually went to america in 1868..