Author Topic: Annacramph marriage  (Read 9639 times)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Annacramph marriage
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 03 September 14 17:53 BST (UK) »
Unusually for me, I'm bowing out now, as I've only just realised that it seems I've spent a lot of time yesterday/today duplicating work already done by other chatters in previous years:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=502690.0

I do sincerely hope your own continued research goes well and would respectfully suggest that when seeking the help of others, you always endeavour to summarise and/or provide links to all pertinent information already known to you, as it can save duplicated/wasted effort. Please accept this suggestion in the spirit of goodwill in which it is given.

"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 03 September 14 20:33 BST (UK) »

Sorry Gaffy if I seemed dismissive of your comments.

No worry, I wish you good luck in your search going forward.  :)

Offline enigmatic

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 04 September 14 02:18 BST (UK) »
I don't know if I should make another post here or not. I've used Rootchat before with no issues.  I've re-read my original posting and it could have been a bit clearer and perhaps I should have not added the bit about his parents at the end. Essentially my question was summed up in the Title of the posting. "Annacramph marriage".

I noticed in a previous posting that someone had been helping by providing information about marriages that had occurred in Annacramph.  I hoped they had access to a resource that I did not have access to because I am in Australia. I just wanted someone to have a look and see if they could find a marriage in whatever database they were using.

I provided the names of the bride and groom, a location, a religion and a time frame for the marriage. I believe that this would be sufficient to locate the marriage. Even if the groom's name was a little unusual I believe it would be possible to locate the marriage using the wife's name and hence discover if the groom's surname was a little different to what I thought it should be.

I'm sorry this topic went so off track.

Thank you again Glensman for pointing me in the direction of the library - I will try there.