Author Topic: Thomas Blackburn/Blakeburn  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Yorkyboyl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Blackburn/Blakeburn
« on: Thursday 28 August 14 15:19 BST (UK) »
I am hoping that someone may be able to tie up a few loose ends concerning the above, who was an ancestor of mine. He was christened Thomas Blakeburn 10/9/1826, St. Mary the Virgin, Ovingham, and lived Wylam, the son, or so I believe of John Blakeburn and Rosamund Murphy.
  If I have followed the correct line, I think Thomas had 5 siblings at least. I have come across Christian Blakeburn, chrstnd 16/10/1803 + 4 more to John in 1813, then there seems to be a long gap until Thomas in 1826....does this sound feasible ? Another point is that Christian is shown as the second child to be born to these parents, but I have been unable to trace the first...any help please?
  I did wonder if the first child may have been called John, born possibly 1800 ish, and that he would be the father to Thomas, but this is purely guess work.
  Any info at all on the family or the parents would be appreciated.  Thanks

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Blackburn/Blakeburn
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 August 14 15:31 BST (UK) »
I'd look in Rosey's home parish for the first child/baptism.

It seems unlikely that Rosey would be sprogging from before 1803 until 1826, from a biological point of view
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Blackburn/Blakeburn
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 September 14 17:34 BST (UK) »

I had a good look at the Ovingham parish records today and I’m sure that all the children, including Thomas were born to the same couple.  As you already stated there is a first child missing - obviously baptised elsewhere.  Here is a list -

Christian 1803 parents John Blakeburn of this parish by his wife Rosey Murphy native of Ireland
Robert 1805 (baptised 1806) parents John Blackburn by his wife Rosey Murphy native of  Donpatrick in Ireland
Jane 1807 (baptised 1808) parents John Blakeburn by his wife Rose Murphy native of Ireland
Ann 1810 (baptised 1811) parents as above

Then we get to the standardised records so no extra detail

John 1813 parents John and Rose
Elizabeth 1816 parents John and Rosamund
Robert 1820 parents John and Rose
Thomas 1826 parents John and Rosamund

Not surprisingly there does not seem to be any further children after Thomas.

Christine