Author Topic: Bolton upon dearne  (Read 7845 times)

Offline Emmajford

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bolton upon dearne
« on: Wednesday 30 October 13 05:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm trying find my ancestors from bolton upon dearne I am the grand daughter of William ford the miner great niece of Geoffrey ford

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Bolton upon dearne
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 13:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat

Can you give details of birthyears for William & Geoffrey and also details of their respective families (wives/children)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Emmajford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Not sure on birth dates but William passed in 88/89 he married Elsie blessed my dad is Derek ford he has brother Gordon ford sister Hillary. I think my grandfather family originated from great houghton. My grandad William lived on lowfield road in bolton passed away of cancer when I was 8/9. Don't really know much of rest of family I heard of Geoffrey and Nellie from a gentleman I look after. I know there was a lot brothers and sisters. I will speak to my dad and ask about dates and rest of his uncles and aunts. My dad Derek was a miner his date of birth (date removed by moderator) if that helps. Do you know my dad at all?

Offline Emmajford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 15:57 GMT (UK) »
William date of birth 30/10/17 my dad said his uncles and aunts he can remember are Geoffrey, George, Ron, Nellie and Mary I know my great grandmother ford lost 3 children unfortunately hope this helps

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi

This is William & Elsie's marriage and he was William H Ford

William H Ford/ Elsie Blessed  December qtr 1938 Don Valley 9C 2008

Just a reminder that Rootschat do not allow any details to be posted about living persons so we cannot discuss details of any children born to that marriage or of any other persons who are still living

The only William H Ford birth on freebmd in the December qtr 1917 was in Kings Norton which is between Staffordshire and Warwickshire - mothers maiden name was Hall

This is Elsie's birth reg

Births December qtr 1919
Elsie Blessed mothers maiden name   Beal  Doncaster  9c 1861
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 17:52 GMT (UK) »
William date of birth 30/10/17

This is William's death registration and he was born in 1916 - not 1917 and died 1990

William Henry Ford aged 73 born 30 Oct 1916 death reg February 1990 -  Doncaster 3 727

I think my grandfather family originated from great houghton. My grandad William lived on lowfield road in bolton

If you go to freebmd and look at births in the December qtr 1916 for William Ford and then look at those entries for William H Ford - only one of the 4 entries match a Yorkshire birthplace 

www.freebmd.org.uk

Births December qtr 1916
William H Ford mmn  Baines  Hemsworth  9c 335   

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 17:56 GMT (UK) »
Again from freebmd

Marriages June qtr 1915 
Annie Baines to William H Ford  Barnsley  9c 461 

Marriages December qtr 1903
Alice  Beal to George William Blessed   Rotherham  9c 1116   

A quick sum up for you

Grandparents William Henry Ford b 1916 & Elsie Blessed b 1919 married 1938

Great grandparents William Henry Ford & Annie Baines married 1915 and George Wm Blessed & Alice Beal  married 1903

You can look up the Blessed family on the 1911 census - Rootschat do not allow 1911 lookups - which will give you details of their family at that time plus birthplaces.  Freebmd shows a birth entry for George William Blessed in 1880 Doncaster and this is the 1881 entry for him

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XQNJ-7C1

You will need to buy a copy of the 1915 marriage cert for William Henry Ford and Annie Baines to find their respective ages and their fathers names so you can look for them on the 1911 census

Offline Emmajford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very helpfull even my dad can't remember correctly

Offline Emmajford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Just to verify who I am my name emma jane ford   (date removed by moderator)my dad Derek ford (date removed by moderator)I think mum Pauline ford (Heath ) (date removed by moderator)can you give me any results and are me and dennford related