Author Topic: Skenepark, Nairn. history.  (Read 13808 times)

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
Skenepark, Nairn. history.
« on: Sunday 20 August 06 12:06 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, after looking on google for the above, all I get is a small animal holding,  I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction, to get the history of the home mentioned above, my relitive's seemed to live at the place from at least the 1880's through to 1930's,  I have a photo which has " grannie " on it sitting in the garden at Skenepark,  thankyou for any help, from Eilleen.
EXTON, from Rutland, Stamford, Boston, Lincoln. LANES, from Coleby,to Bracebridge Lincoln.WAKEFIELD,PROUDMAN Cheshire and  Stafford.<br />PINDAR, MOORE, ,CHAMBERS mostly from Lincolnshire.
LAING from Elgin ,Scotland.
 HADDELSEY from Caistor,and Grimsby Lincolnshire.                   
 Parfitt, Le Gros ,Le Sueur, from Jersey.
Martin, from Doncaster  to whelyn garden city, London.
BINT, Worchester, in Australian mint.

Offline IAA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Skenepark, Nairn. history.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 August 06 16:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Eileen

I live about half a mile from Skene Park and will help you if I can my family have lived in this area for many years.  I have checked out the 1881 census for Skene Park (see below) by the look of the farmers name he has named the farm after himself.  I do know that the original name of Skene Park was Knocknagillan. 

Irene

Information removed due to possible copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.
MacKay (Harris, Western Isles), Royan, Dunbar, Kelly (mainly Morayshire)

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 August 06 17:13 BST (UK) »
Hello there, thankyou for the kind offer, amount all my paper's , some of the imformation say's 1884  Skenepark, Nairn. the name's that follow are, Mc Hattie, Mc Donald, Henry, and Laing. I belive John Mc Hattie Laing died there in 1930 aged 46yrs, hewas a flesher and cattle dealer in Nairn. his wife was called Freda. 
 hope this helps if you spot anything,  thankyou again, from Eilleen.
EXTON, from Rutland, Stamford, Boston, Lincoln. LANES, from Coleby,to Bracebridge Lincoln.WAKEFIELD,PROUDMAN Cheshire and  Stafford.<br />PINDAR, MOORE, ,CHAMBERS mostly from Lincolnshire.

Offline IAA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 20 August 06 19:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Eileen

Do you have any further information of John McHattie Laing, do you have his death or marriage certificate?

Who do you wish to find out about?  Did John McHattie Laing live at Skene Park?

Irene

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 20 August 06 20:13 BST (UK) »
Irene, I am trying to get all my bits to fall into place, The photo I have has my late fathing-law as a child with some brothers and cousins and his Grannie, taken in 1937 at Skenepark, Nairn, I have one of his uncle's , John Mc Hattie Laing, having died in Skenepark in 1930 aged 46yrs, I know " Grannie " could not be John's mother , as she died before 1937,  but since 1884, the family name's seemed linked to Skenepark, Nairn. yet lots of the other members of the family died at Weston House , Moss Street, Keith. apart from my fathing-laws mother , Flora Mc Donald Henry Laing, who died in 1949 at nearby Balmellie, Hopeman.  I hope that does not sound to long winded, I get so wrapped up in it all,  from Eilleen.

Offline IAA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 20 August 06 20:43 BST (UK) »
John McHattie Laing died 2 September 1930 at Skenepark, Nairn.  Occupation is Farmer.  Married to Freda Martin.  His father is listed as Peter Laing (Cattle Dealer)(Deceased) and mother is Elizabeth Laing ms McHattie.

Since the 1940's Skenepark has been in Philip family.  I will ask around the older people to see if anyone remembers John McHattie.

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 20 August 06 21:17 BST (UK) »
Irene, thankyou, and would it help if I posted the picture to you , so you can show that around,   Eilleen.

Offline IAA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 20 August 06 21:23 BST (UK) »
Yes, the picture would be helpful.  My email address is Moderator comment - email address removed to prevent spamming and other abuse.  Please use personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 13 May 07 15:23 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth Mc Hattie, (  Laing )  is in the middle, with grandchildren around her,  I believe all the children are Laing.   taken at Skenepark, Nairn,  July 1923.    thought someone might be interested to see photo, from Eilleen.