Author Topic: Seeking family of Mary Margaret Clare born1932 named changed to Margaret Mary  (Read 28435 times)

Offline Aimee86

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
On the possible basis that these are members of your family based on the address for the prison record on your other topic.
These burials appear in Glasnevin
Patrick Clare age 4 in 1927 when using Waterford St as part of address
Catherine Clare age 6 in 1919 when using Bracken as part of address
Christina Clare age 11 months in 1918 when using Waterford St as part of address
If these are the right family one would presume that your nans mother would be buried in same place but there are no burials recorded for Mary or Margaret of a young age in around ten years of your nans birthdate.
So maybe it was a story made up to cover for her birth,something for you to consider.

This maybe her Uncles marriage
Thomas Clare
Dublin North  Oct Dec 1928 vol 2 page 252
match with Eva Hollingsworth
3 children from this combination of names appear from 1928 to 1936 Dublin North.
Register of electors 1939 show this couple at 376 Bridgefoot St,Oliver Bond House.
Do you think he's the right man do you know when he moved to Bermingham.

That's thomas her uncle for sure. . Thomas died 1960ish  and he was living bk in Ireland .  And them deaths could be her auntys and uncles  so worth lookin . I think it was a cover up so that's what I need to find out :)
Thank u for ur information it's amazing

Offline Aimee86

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
So some how I got to find out who the mum was then :(

Offline Aimee86

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
A few things to try while waiting for certs.
Given the families are north city based, it is most likely that they are buried in Glasnevin Cemetery. You can search the database here for free but you need to buy credits to purchase the actual records.
http://www.glasnevintrust.ie/genealogy/
Immediately I can see that John White died age 57 in 1951 and Esther White in 1971 aged 72 - both with an address at 'Liberty House' play around with the options - you can search +/- 10 years at a time. You could see if you can find any Clare's or Farrell's the same way
also the 1939 Electoral Register is online (it is actually digitized up to 1959 - but only available to search in Pearse Street Library)
http://www.dublinheritage.ie/electoral/help.php
Also the 1922 prison record that you linked to on your other thread shows that the offender was Thomas Clare and he was born in Gloucester Place and is aged 18 and ten months. He is living at the Bracken's Cottages Waterford street address. His next of kin is named as Mary Clare, his sister at the same address.

This is all right to , and my nanny did tell my everyone lived with Mary Clare as the parents died :(

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile

Immediately I can see that John White died age 57 in 1951 and Esther White in 1971 aged 72 - both with an address at 'Liberty House' play around with the options - you can search +/- 10 years at a time. You could see if you can find any Clare's or Farrell's the same way
also the 1939 Electoral Register is online (it is actually digitized up to 1959 - but only available to search in Pearse Street Library)

The age of Esther fits with the Farrell family(which includes a Laurence) that I found on the other thread yesterday.

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Mountjoy/King_s_Avenue/22072/

More proof that we have the right Farrell family  ;)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Aimee86

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile

The age of Esther fits with the Farrell family(which includes a Laurence) that I found on the other thread yesterday.

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Mountjoy/King_s_Avenue/22072/

More proof that we have the right Farrell family  ;)
Yes we have well done every one I'm off to buy a book now to make a notes of everythin and to start my letters

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Marriage in St Marys Pro Cathedral 16 April 1899
Thomas Clare son of Patrick Clare and Mary Rogers 64 Tyrone St to
Catherine Preston dtr of William Preston and Mary Foley?  or Doyle 39 Mabbott St.

Patrick Clear/Clare married Mary Rogers 1870 Dublin North
Some of their children born Donnycarney and Coolock/Drumcondra.

Mary Clare widow born Artane age 50 at 33 Upper Cumberland St in 1901.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Edward Fitzpatrick of 21 Thomas Court married Elizabeth Clave(Clare)63 Tyrone St. 19th Aug 1891 St Mary's Pro Cathedral.

1901 Census of 15.3 Poole St
Lizzie Fitzpatrick age 28 born Artane.

Offline Aimee86

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Right I have all dates on who I need now . So next step is to look in to ordering birth deaths and marriage certificates . Can someone tell me the best site now to search this names and dates plz I can't believe how far I have got in 2 days :)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Third time lucky  ;D
If you decide to order any of these Certs
https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Apply-for-Certificates.aspx
A research cert costs €4
You can add the Vol and Page numbers to the form