Author Topic: Seeking family of Mary Margaret Clare born1932 named changed to Margaret Mary  (Read 28417 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking family members of Margaret Mary Clare born 1932
« Reply #9 on: Friday 27 June 14 12:44 BST (UK) »
I think your title is confusing...Margaret Mary Clare...your Nanny's mother. was born around 1917

Mary Margaret Clare was born born in 1932 and later changed her name to Margaret Mary.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Aimee86

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 27 June 14 13:01 BST (UK) »
I think your title is confusing...Margaret Mary Clare...your Nanny's mother. was born around 1917

Mary Margaret Clare was born born in 1932 and later changed her name to Margaret Mary.

Carol
Yes your right , but everyone knew her as Margaret once her aunty had taken her in .
Do you no how to change it ?

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Click onto the Modify button on the left in your first post...alter the title then click save.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 27 June 14 14:44 BST (UK) »
I agree wholeheartedly...I would be inclined to sent for the 1917 birth for  Margaret Mary Clare that I posted on your previous thread...as Sinann pointed out...it can be viewed for £4
Carol

That's 4 Euro actually not £4  ;)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Even better value as that's about £3.21   ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
I hope you have a full purse Aimee  ;D ;D

marking the page so I dont miss anything

xin

Offline hasta

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
A few things to try while waiting for certs.
Given the families are north city based, it is most likely that they are buried in Glasnevin Cemetery. You can search the database here for free but you need to buy credits to purchase the actual records.
http://www.glasnevintrust.ie/genealogy/
Immediately I can see that John White died age 57 in 1951 and Esther White in 1971 aged 72 - both with an address at 'Liberty House' play around with the options - you can search +/- 10 years at a time. You could see if you can find any Clare's or Farrell's the same way
also the 1939 Electoral Register is online (it is actually digitized up to 1959 - but only available to search in Pearse Street Library)
http://www.dublinheritage.ie/electoral/help.php
Also the 1922 prison record that you linked to on your other thread shows that the offender was Thomas Clare and he was born in Gloucester Place and is aged 18 and ten months. He is living at the Bracken's Cottages Waterford street address. His next of kin is named as Mary Clare, his sister at the same address.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
You might find this interesting...Steve is asking about the Clare Family and Tara who is helping also has Farells listed in her research interest....you just never know where it will take you:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=617573.0

Carol

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
On the possible basis that these are members of your family based on the address for the prison record on your other topic.
These burials appear in Glasnevin
Patrick Clare age 4 in 1927 when using Waterford St as part of address
Catherine Clare age 6 in 1919 when using Bracken as part of address
Christina Clare age 11 months in 1918 when using Waterford St as part of address
If these are the right family one would presume that your nans mother would be buried in same place but there are no burials recorded for Mary or Margaret of a young age in around ten years of your nans birthdate.
So maybe it was a story made up to cover for her birth,something for you to consider.

This maybe her Uncles marriage
Thomas Clare
Dublin North  Oct Dec 1928 vol 2 page 252
match with Eva Hollingsworth
3 children from this combination of names appear from 1928 to 1936 Dublin North.
Register of electors 1939 show this couple at 376 Bridgefoot St,Oliver Bond House.
Do you think he's the right man do you know when he moved to Bermingham.