Author Topic: eliza loveridge  (Read 6136 times)

Offline peggysmum

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: eliza loveridge
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 09 June 12 11:55 BST (UK) »
hi all. thankyou aa1webb for the above i do appreeciate all the help ive been given. im chugging away on my family and hopefully fingers crossed ive got back quite away. i just have to confirm that israel loverridge is lavinia's father if he is then i have his line going back to the 1750's.
israel loveridge parker is the son of alfred loveridge andcomfort parker. alfred is the son of david and louisa (nee joyce) loveridge and david is the son of henry loveridge and ann halford. henry is the son of william and margaret loveridge.
the intresting thing about comfort is her father is called william ellice parker, which is an alternate name my great grandad stephen used to go by, so im wandering if there is a connection with stephen, i know romanies did generally marry within the family so the chances of stephen being either a 1st cousin or 2nd cousin of lavinia are quite high. also i have a great aunt comfort, who would have been comfort parker as a girl, so it kind of makes you wander if lavinia is a daughter of this line.
i just have to prove israel is her father. im hoping she was baptised and there might be a record of her with her dad's name.  i have done with a fair bit of help from the rtfhs and one particular member called kazi found out quite a bit on this family, i think id be very upset if i discovered israel wasnt her dad, ive kind of connected with them as ive researched them and got to know them, it may sound strange but i feel they are mine, i really do hope so.
havent found much more on eliza my 2 xgg and israel's aprtner, we cant find her maiden name although again she is probably a loveridge anyway i just cant pin her down, or comfort either i have her parents but that is it.   anyway will keep looking and any suggestions i would be very grateful to have.  the parkers changed there names to draper but it doesnt matter how i look i will find them on one census but not the next, also one other mystery is in the 71, 81,01 and 11 she is with alfred loveridge but in the 91 she is with a chap called thomas gray, and in a newspaper article we have found dated 1888 it is a coroners inquest   on the death of her baby she describes thomas as her husband, so is thomas really alfred i cant find alf in the 91 at all and whilst there are thomas grays in other years none seem to match. a mystery isint it.   anyway thanks again for your help. tracey
waters/walters-berkshire
tanner and adby- berkshire
loveridge and parker romanies from suffolk,essex,beds,bucks and herts
gill- derbyshire
turvills-hinks,leicestershire
calladine and Bostock,pot hawkers-Derbyshire

Offline peggysmum

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: eliza loveridge
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 August 14 20:13 BST (UK) »
just to update this incase anyone reads it.
Alfred loveridges parents I now know are not david and ann halford. I still don't know who Alfred's parents are .
eliza loveridge was actually born eliza parker in 1872. her parents were Margaret "peg leg" parker and possibly luke parker.
is also don't know anymore about granny comforts parents. I am sure however that Thomas gray is Alfred loveridge.
haven't learnt much more about my family past 1850 but have learnt a lot about the children of Israel and eliza and there descendants.
waters/walters-berkshire
tanner and adby- berkshire
loveridge and parker romanies from suffolk,essex,beds,bucks and herts
gill- derbyshire
turvills-hinks,leicestershire
calladine and Bostock,pot hawkers-Derbyshire