Author Topic: Stringer family  (Read 21869 times)

Offline pamd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stringer family
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 19 November 13 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Ok no prob
BLAKE,HARMAN,MURRAY,BROWN;  ISLINGTON,KENSAL GREEN ,KENTISH TOWN,WILLESDEN,HARLESDEN       WARREN,WARRENT,WARRANT,NORMAN,MINNS,LADBROOKE,RASPBERRY,;NORWICH.
DELANEY,;GALWAY AND CLARE .    SWEENEY,CLIFFORD,; KERRY STRINGER,HETHERINGTON.;ANTRIM, TYRONE,CLARE AND DUBLIN

Offline pamd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 22 November 13 14:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,
Right i'v just got the birth cert for Mary Jane Peare she was born  20/07/1886 in Cooley Casey, Limerick, Co Clare .
Fathers name John  Peare  occupation Police Constable mother Rachel Stringer.
I'v looked on 1901 and 1911c for Ireland.... Family Search ....Roots Ireland ......Ancestry and came up with  nothing on either a birth for Rachel or marriage for her and John Peare .

So need help and idea's please .

Pam
BLAKE,HARMAN,MURRAY,BROWN;  ISLINGTON,KENSAL GREEN ,KENTISH TOWN,WILLESDEN,HARLESDEN       WARREN,WARRENT,WARRANT,NORMAN,MINNS,LADBROOKE,RASPBERRY,;NORWICH.
DELANEY,;GALWAY AND CLARE .    SWEENEY,CLIFFORD,; KERRY STRINGER,HETHERINGTON.;ANTRIM, TYRONE,CLARE AND DUBLIN

Offline daisy1942

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 23 September 14 17:47 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
.........  I'v looked on 1901 and 1911c for Ireland.... Family Search ....Roots Ireland ......Ancestry and came up with  nothing on either a birth for Rachel or marriage for her and John Peare .

So need help and idea's please .

Pam

Hi all,

Have read the various above posts with a great deal of fascination!  I have a problem with the Stringer family.  For more than 20 years now,  I have been trying to find information on John Patrick Stringer who is father of Dominic Michael.  Dominic Michel was my father in law was born in Ireland (I believe) 14.04.1919 or 1922, was brought up in Glasgow possibly by his grandmother and died in London in November 1986  I have been unable to trace his birth certificate.  Also John Patrick (listed as a carpenter on Dominic Michael's marriage certificate) appears to have neither been born or died!  Dominic Michael had  an older brother known as "Jack" and may have had a sister too.  It is also possible that he was one of twins, the other twin and the mother both died either at childbirth or soon after.

Does this ring ny bells with any of you?
Casey, Cunningham Burt Glasgow & Ireland,
Dobell, Bridgeman, London
Deavin London and France

Offline Monivea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 16 October 14 21:48 BST (UK) »
hi pam sorry im only getting back to you now, never get the time for researching any more :'( just on mary jane peares father being a police constable. i have had a few police men on my fathers side and can never find any information in the census about them or their birth or marriage records. its like they were kept private, probably for safety for themselves and their family. all records for police officers are kept at dublin castle and can be requested but i think its pretty expensive to do so. i wonder where rachel stringer fits in. havent come across her name before

Offline Monivea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 22 July 20 16:02 BST (UK) »
I just started to look at this line again if anyone else is still searching. We can add two more daughters to Oliver and Martha's brood. Mary and Rachel. Mary married an ric sub-constable Thomas pierce on the same day her sister Eliza jane married her husband another RIC man Edward reading. Rachel married Henry Carr in wicklow 1901. Her only child was Mary Jane peare. I dont think Rachel was married to Mary Jane's father.  No sign of a marriage cert anyway.

Offline daisy1942

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 22 July 20 17:49 BST (UK) »
Hi  Monivea, shanew147, thebestmummyo, tomma, Doolinsharon, pamd and syljun

This is something of a very long shot.  do any of your families connect to Glasgow?  I am looking for the following names:  Burt,Casey, Cunningham, Curran, Duff, Fotheringham, McBide, McFarlane, McGurk, McPherson, Rafter(s)/Raferty, Shepherd and Smith.

Burt and Casey are the main family names the others have married into thes families between 1990 (ish) and 1950's. 

If any of you have a connection to these families in Glasgow please contact me.

Thanks folks!
Casey, Cunningham Burt Glasgow & Ireland,
Dobell, Bridgeman, London
Deavin London and France