Author Topic: Shearman & Delaney Look Up Please  (Read 17579 times)

Offline joysongs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 04 May 11 06:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Mojo1970. My mother's mother was Annie Byrne and her father was Walter Bolger. She was born in Kilkenny and I am looking for information as to what happened to her mother and father, and whether she had any siblings . Any info on Annie Byrne and Walter or the family would be appreciated. We believe Annie died when my mother was quite young, and she was sent to live with relatives, eventually to an aunt in England. She really didn't know what happened to her parents, as she was quite young.
Thanks. Perhaps your wife and I are long-lost relatives.

Offline mojo1970

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Shearman & Delaney Look Up Please
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 04 May 11 10:12 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Could you give me the name of  your mother and dates of births of her & your Grandparents. It sounds like the same connection, but as I've discovered in my research there can be many marriages of the same names as every family in those days seem to name their children after grandparents, Aunts and Uncles. This can be very deceiving! Let me know and I'll see if there is a connection.

Regards

Terry

By the way, where are you from?

Offline joysongs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 04 May 11 16:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Terry. Thanks for the prompt response. My mother's name was Helen. Her birth certificate gives her name as Ellen or possibly Hellen, as it is hard to read the handwriting.She was born in Kilkenny in 1924. I hesitate to give the exact date online, as I am new to chat rooms. I do not know the dates of her parents births or deaths, only their names. Her father was a stone mason at the time and lived in Dunbell.She spent time with both maternal and paternal grandparents as a young child, who had farms, then spent some time at a convent school before being taken to England to live with an Aunt. She lost touch with her Aunt after WWII. I do not know the name of the Aunt or where in England the Aunt lived. Her father took her to the grandparents, and then came back and took her to the other grandparents. We presume that Annie died and the father couldn't care for a small child, but we really don't know.Perhaps they simply couldn't afford to keep her, although Walter's parents were apparently better off then the Byrnes family at the time. My mother passed away last year and rarely talked about her childhood. I would love to know more. I live in Florida. My parents came to the US after WWII. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline MeghanBW

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 04 November 12 14:40 GMT (UK) »
My grandfather is Patrick Bolger.  Born April 1893 in Ballyogan.  His parents were James and Catherine (Morrissy). 
I'm looking for any links.  We know he had siblings, but.......

Thank you for any help.

Best regards,
Meghan

Offline Narodny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 05 May 13 04:39 BST (UK) »
My great-great-grandfather was Thomas Shearman who arrived in Australia in 1842 (from Bristol, U.K.) & settled in Newcastle, N.S.W. We have always thought that his line originated in Kilkenny. Any links, anybody?

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 29 March 14 14:09 GMT (UK) »
I came across a lovely church and graveyard in Eirke Kilkenny.

One headstone is very hard to read but, I think it reads,
erected by Robert Sherman in memory of his wife
Margaret ?-?1949?
========
Jack

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 29 March 14 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Headstone in Dunmore cemetery Kilkenny