Author Topic: Lee Or Not.  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Romany Knaves

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Lee Or Not.
« on: Saturday 07 June 14 16:35 BST (UK) »
While researching the my Jones Ancestry I came across this, Belcher Lee is recorded on the 1881 census living with his wife who he married in 1874 at Maidstone in Kent, her name was Phebe Ransley, they have four children with them George Lee, Stephen Lee, James Lee and Sarah Lee, but wind back to 1852 and the marriage of Phebe Jones to James Ransley at Maidstone in 1852 who are recorded on the 1871 census with four children George Ransley, Stephen Ransley, James Ransley and Sarah Ransley, Phebe's first husband James died in 1869 aged 37 years, Phebe then married Belcher, a surname but perhaps no bloodline depending what you seek in Ancesery.
ESSEX, KENT, LONDON, SUFFOLK, SUSSEX.
Bachelor, Baker, Beeny, Boswell, Brazil, Burgess, Carter, Clements, Cooper, Cornelius, Collins, Day, Dobson, Eastwood, Ellis, Farr, Fairbeard, Harris, Holland/s, Jenkins, Jones, Kennett, K/nave/s, Lyon, Lee, Penfold, Ransley, Robert/s, Reeve/s, Smith, Stone, Thompsett, Tomsit, Wood/s.

Offline moseslee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lee Or Not.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 May 22 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Romany Knaves, this is my family and Sarah my GG gran went by the surname Ransley on her marriage certificate.
She married a Moses Lee, a cousin, and one of her daughters used the surname Jones on occasion.
Her first Son James (my G grandfather) had the middle name Lee.
Her children on the general register have Ransley as her maiden name when the birth was registered.
Cooper, Lee, Ransley & Russell
Hawkers, Horse Dealers, Travellers,

Hampshire, Kent, London, Middlesex, Sussex, Surrey, Swansea