Author Topic: POOLE ~ Newbold Verdon 1900's  (Read 4881 times)

Offline wendz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
POOLE ~ Newbold Verdon 1900's
« on: Tuesday 06 September 11 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hi y'all!

OK! I give in, this has got me beat! I am desperately in need of some help please fellow chatters!  :D

After a recent visit to Newbold Verdon cemetery I made a note of the Poole graves I could see so as to link them into my family tree. This is because my grandma was a Poole from this area.  I did this rather successfully (if I say so myself!) with the exception of one! argh! how frustrating! >:(

I saw a grave for Adelaide Ann Poole who died 16-7-1989 aged 53.  I found out she was born 25-3-1936 with the maiden name Winfield and had married Derrick Poole in the Sept qtr of 1955. Derrick was born in the March qtr of 1934 and his sister Thelma followed in the Dec qtr of 1936. Obviously they was born as Pooles and FreeBMD state their mothers name was Pallett.........now this is where I have come unstuck! I can not find a male Poole marrying a female Pallett at all! I can find Florence Poole marrying a Harold S Pallett in the June qtr of 1935 but this does not fit?!!!

Please, please if anyone out there can untangle my plea and point me in the right direction I would be most grateful  :-[

Thanking you for your help in anticipation :-*

Wendy
Marlow, Poole, Arnold - Leicestershire
Sturgess, Dickens, Thorpe, Loomes - Northamptonshire
Dewing - Norfolk

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline davidbembridge

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: POOLE ~ Newbold Verdon 1900's
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 November 11 23:04 GMT (UK) »
My Grandmas maiden name was poole (Sheila) and she lived in Newbold all her live, I can remember she visited various graves and saying once she had lots of relations there, let me see what info I can find.

Offline wendz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 November 11 08:11 GMT (UK) »
Oh that will be great, thank you very much!!

I have a Sheila in my tree her father is Henry and her mother is Lucy, won't put too much info on here, but I wonder if it's your Grandma? It would be fantastic if it is!!

I can personal message you any details you may want from my tree?

My Mum has lost touch with our Poole relations it would be lovely to be in contact again.

Thank you for your help

Wendy
Dewing - Norfolk

Offline davidbembridge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 November 11 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Yes I would be interested in anything you have?  Sadly she died this year, and is buried in Newbold with Thomas Bembridge. I have started to create the Bembridge family tree on ancestry.co.uk and would like to do the poole one too.  I can remember she had a sister called Ena and a brother who is still alive called Ray (he drives a 3 wheeler robin reliant).  I beleive there are some other relations that live in Barlestone.  I miss living in Newbold, I moved to Barwell about 5 years ago.

Offline wendz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 11 November 11 13:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

From what you have told me I think we do have a link! That is wonderful!

If you would like to send me your email address via the personal message I will send you an attachment of what I have on the Pooles! I am sure your Grandma's Father, Henry, is my Grandmas Brother.....if that makes sense?!!

Wendy
Dewing - Norfolk

Offline kahrissa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 23 May 14 22:45 BST (UK) »
I know this is an old post, I came across this site totally by accident. I put my granddads name in which is Harold Spencer Pallett which led me here, my nan was Florence Poole. Their daughter is called Sheila who is my mum :-)

Offline wendz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 07 June 14 22:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Kahrissa,

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to reply! I was thrilled to see your post, your Nan is my second cousin twice removed!  ;)

If there is any information I can share with you or if you want to see my tree please let me know and I will pm you my email and I can pass on info that way if you like?

Thanks you again for your post it is lovely to hear from you  ;D

Best Wishes

Wendy ✿

Dewing - Norfolk

Offline kahrissa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 07 June 14 22:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Wendy  :)

Nice to meet you! I would absolutely love to see your tree if you wouldn't mind. I've seen some of the relatives on my dads side but none on my mums.

I tried to work out how to pm you but my brain must be on a go slow tonight as I can't find it!

Hope to hear from you soon

Karen  :)