Author Topic: Another Greenwell  (Read 4272 times)

Offline briann1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Another Greenwell
« on: Friday 27 December 13 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Please excuse me I am not trying to hijack earlier Greenwell post but they may be related?
I am seeking a Henderson Greenwell shoemaker b-1795c possibly Sunderland and his family.I have his daughters marriage cert in 1845 Sunderland to James Drummond, but I can not trace her father in any census before or after her marriage. Address in 1845 is stated as Bedford Street Sunderland
P.S. I think I found a George Greenwell a shoemaker from Shields but I never made any links with him and Mary 
drummond,mordey,atcheson,eden,havelock,hudson

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Another Greenwell
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 December 13 22:49 GMT (UK) »
I have his daughters marriage cert in 1845 Sunderland to James Drummond,

No details given for daughter.  Freebmd entry shows her name as Mary but when and where was she born
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 December 13 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Could we have Hendersons wife name and any children you know of IE the daughter married to a Drummond ???

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline Klb16

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 December 13 22:55 GMT (UK) »
I think the daughter was a Mary Greenwell Neil  :)
Baldwin (Newport, Wales)
Baker (Sark, CI)
Ducellier (Guernsey & France)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 27 December 13 23:07 GMT (UK) »
HI all possibly Mary's mother Mary aged 60 in Bedford Street 1841
Census ref HO107/310 / 2/19 / 33

Keyboard86

Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 27 December 13 23:16 GMT (UK) »
I have a Jane GREENWELL (44yrs) living in the house of William MUMMERY (25yrs) along with a daughter MARY 18yrs and a son Joseph 10yrs in Chester le Street in 1841.

Possible brother to Jane? William. Unfortunately census does not state Jane's condition IE widow or married?

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline briann1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 28 December 13 10:23 GMT (UK) »
Than you for all replies. The only information on Mary Greenwell she was 22 in 1845 at time of marriage. She had 3 children with James Drummond, James 1846 b&d, Joseph William b-1848 survived and Mary Ann 1850 b&d and Mary herself died in 1850.
The 18 year old Mary living in Chester-le-street is of the right age but on her marriage in 1845 it does not say her father was deceased but he may have been.So Jane and Joseph is a possibility maybe the 1851 census for them may help.
The Mary aged 60 in Bedford Street looks to be too old to be my Mary's mother maybe her Grandmother.
This gives me a bit more to work with thank you G/M=Mary--Mother= Jane
Just found a George Greenwell died 1841 Chester-le-Street, I wonder if he was a George Henderson
Greenwell (a shoemaker). Which makes a possible marriage of George Greenwell to a Jane ? around 1820 with births of Mary 1823 and Joseph 1830
And a birth of George Greenwell to a Mary Greenwell around 1800 and father ?

Offline Bill62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 02 October 14 22:49 BST (UK) »
Please excuse me I am not trying to hijack earlier Greenwell post but they may be related?
I am seeking a Henderson Greenwell shoemaker b-1795c possibly Sunderland and his family.I have his daughters marriage cert in 1845 Sunderland to James Drummond, but I can not trace her father in any census before or after her marriage. Address in 1845 is stated as Bedford Street Sunderland
P.S. I think I found a George Greenwell a shoemaker from Shields but I never made any links with him and Mary
I think the Mary Greenwell in 1841 is my great x4 grandmother - nee Mary Wilson and living with her brother Alexander (the minister at the Sans St Baptist Chapel). Her husband was George and he died, probably in Hetton, in the 1820s or early 30s. He was a shoemaker - so was Alexander Wilson - but he is no relation to the South Shields Greenwell you found. Curiously his son Robert married a Henderson but there were many Greenwells and many Hendersons in and around Sunderland ...

Offline briann1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 03 October 14 09:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Bill, Thanks for your imput, was there a young Mary Greenwell aged around 18 living with your 4 x g/grandmother Mary and her brother Alexander in Bedford Street. My Mary who married James Drummond in 1845 was living at no 2 Bedford Street at the time of marriage.