Author Topic: Mary Drummond Grave  (Read 3555 times)

Offline hoprigg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Drummond Grave
« on: Friday 11 April 14 16:46 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am looking for help on locating the grave of a "Mary Drummond", she died in 1891 at Bunkle and Preston, Berwickshire, and I would like to know if anyone has access to that graveyard knows who she was and is maybe related to her...Her birth year was abt 1828 and her maiden name was "Clazie", she married Peter Drummond in 1850 at Paxton Toll and she died in 1891...

Is there any help out there please...

Thank you.
East Lothian, Duns, Berwickshire, Batty, Sutton, Mortimer, Clazy, Fargie, Fergie, Trotter, Steel/Steele, Renton, Ford

Offline heiserca

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Drummond Grave
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 July 14 01:13 BST (UK) »
Hello Cousin!  The Drummonds lived in the Bunkle & Preston area.  www.scotlandgenweb.org says there are burials found at Bunkle Parish Church and also at old Preston Churchyard, located on the road from Duns to Preston.

www.billiongraves.com shows nearby burial grounds, with distances measured from Bunkle:
Preston Parish Church - 4 km
Edrom Parish Church  - 4.3 km
Duns Christ Church - 5.8 km
Duns Parish Church - 6 km
Houndwood Parish Church  - 6.4 km
Abbey St. Bathans Churchyard - 8 km
Langton Parish Church - 9 km
Chirnside Parish Church - 10.3 km
Fogo Parish Church - 10.6 km

Borders Family History Society has many of those cemeteries already indexed, available in booklet form.

Clezie (Clazie, Clezy, Clazy, Clazey, Claise, etc.), Lockhart, Heiser, Schwab, Tomon, Zarnowski, Megert, Iseli

Offline ScottishAncestry

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 August 14 13:48 BST (UK) »
If you are still looking I would recommend you use the service available from the Scottish Borders Council: http://www.scotborders.gov.uk/info/648/funerals_and_cremations/1159/searching_burial_records

There can be a small fee but the service is excellent!

Emma

Offline hoprigg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 08:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you Emma, I will look into this... :)
East Lothian, Duns, Berwickshire, Batty, Sutton, Mortimer, Clazy, Fargie, Fergie, Trotter, Steel/Steele, Renton, Ford