Author Topic: Tunbridge Wells photographs wanted  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tunbridge Wells photographs wanted
« on: Thursday 03 July 14 13:27 BST (UK) »
Hello: I am a researcher and writer of articles about the history of Tunbridge Wells. I am looking for images of people,places, shop fronts etc for the period 1800-1945 that pertain to Tunbridge Wells. This year is the 100th anniversary of the start of WW 1 and last year I researched all of the names on the Tunbridge Wells War Memorial and provided a biographical sketch of each man named on the memorial. If anyone has a photo of a person whos name appears on the memorial for either WW1 or WW II or an image of a man who died in either war that is in some way connected to Tunbridge Wells please let me know as I would like to receive a scan of the image for inclusion with the transcriptions.

Any other non war related images of the town pre 1945 pertaining to people or shop fronts of the town and information pertaining to the image would be greatly appreciated as a starting point for an article about the person,family,business.

For those of you who do not have photos but have a story to tell about a person or business of Tunbridge Wells I would be interested in receiving the information.

General scenic postcard views or other general scenic views are not required as these are too general for my use.

Offline Elias2001

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tunbridge Wells photographs wanted
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 November 23 18:13 GMT (UK) »
I joined today. 10yrs after your message.
My mother  Steffi reached Tunbridge Wells mid 1938 aged 19. She travelled from Hamburg the same route as the youngsters on Kindertransport.

She had permit c to work as domestic in doctors surgery.
A year later she secured guarantors for per parents Martin and Katherine Fabian.

This week we commemorate kristallnacht  9 Nov 1938 to 2023.  85th anniv

Now there is still time exchange snippets of information

Keep Safe

Eric Elias

Offline David Boulding

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tunbridge Wells photographs wanted
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 March 24 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Boulding Boulden Bollyng (all - mostly Kent)
Finch (Kent - Henry & Elizabeth (Fossett)  Finch m1687  London)
Foord (Kent - Aldington, Stanford area)
Philpot (Kent - Alexander Philpot died 1601 Ashford)
Waggon/Waghorn (Kent pre 1715)
Rose (Kent)