Author Topic: Brown family tree Glemsford Suffolk  (Read 1485 times)

Offline SUFFOLK BOY

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Brown family tree Glemsford Suffolk
« on: Tuesday 03 June 14 13:18 BST (UK) »
Hi gang,Just wondering if there was anybody tracing this tree and how far they have gone back in the past.My personal tree has reached 1763 with the chance to go even further with research,look forward to your replies, Neil. :)
Brown and Oakley family Glemsford and Lavenham Suffolk,Simpson, Stewart/Steward,Hartley,Hardy family all Lavenham. Pepper family Herringswell, Wakerley & Suffolk.Chapman and Pattle family  Suffolk. Desmond family from cork Ireland and London. Anybody wants information on the Brown family from Suffolk let me know would be glad to help.

Offline tracey clarke

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Brown family tree Glemsford Suffolk
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 June 14 12:44 BST (UK) »
I have a Brown family in my research who at times refer to themselves as Brooks  ???
Mary Jane Brown born abt 1863 married Alfred Shinn in Mildenhall in 1883.
In the 1881 census I find her as Mary Brooks servant to an Alfred Pratt in Mildenhall. Her son Walter Brown is with her parents in Mildenhall aged 2. In the 1871 census she is Mary J Brooks age 8 with family in Mildenhall. In 1861 census her parents are  Brooks but then in 1851 census you find her parents as Brown living with them is her grandfather who is Brooks and is recorded as the father of her father. In 1841 census her father is Brooks, living with two other Brooks and a Brown.

Not too sure if you have come across them in your research of Browns.

Offline SUFFOLK BOY

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Brown family tree Glemsford Suffolk
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 June 14 14:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Tracey,thanks for e-mail not come across these Brown's before as my tree is Glemsford and Lavenham.So if you do come across anymore please let me know and best of luck with your tree regards Neil :)
Brown and Oakley family Glemsford and Lavenham Suffolk,Simpson, Stewart/Steward,Hartley,Hardy family all Lavenham. Pepper family Herringswell, Wakerley & Suffolk.Chapman and Pattle family  Suffolk. Desmond family from cork Ireland and London. Anybody wants information on the Brown family from Suffolk let me know would be glad to help.