Author Topic: Vergettes, Deeping  (Read 5494 times)

Offline Yiannis 76

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Vergettes, Deeping
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 September 09 12:30 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Yes, i'm really interested in employees of Vergettes around the time of WW1, we know that an ancestor broke in horses and lived in Deeping St James at the time. We would like to know who he worked for, if it was Vergettes and if they were around at that time.
thanks for tall the info.

Offline Jayhen6

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Vergettes of Northamptonshire Postcards to Jessie Vergette
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 05 March 14 19:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
I recently purchased some collectible postcards amongst which were several posted to a "Jessie Mary Vergette" (born abt 1882 in Peterborough daughter of John Burnham Vergette & Eliza) who i believe was a relation of the aforementioned George Vergette (jockey).

From the research available to me it would appear that Jessie's grandfather Edward Vergette (1809 - 1895) was the brother of George (the Jockey) Vergette's great grandfather George Vergette (1806 - 1899) and that is why i've posted this request on this thread.

The postcards in question were posted between 1905 and 1908 to Jessie at three separate addresses.

1. In 1905 to  9 & 11 High Street, Swindon c/o Horder & Son (Drapers/milliners were staff lived on )

2. In 1907 to 6 Fletton Spring, Peterborough

3. In 1908 to 3 Greevegate Terrace, Hunstanton, Norfolk.

I believe Jessie went on to marry a Samuel Dickerson in 1912 and settled in the Kings Lynn area where they had at least one daughter June.

I would really like more information on the family of Jessie M vergette and where she ended up living etc.. as i would like to post the cards online at some stage to share with her descendants...

Ps.. would it be better posted elsewhere on another forum and if so how is that achieved without losing the link to this one..

Many Thanks

John
Daubney's of Lincoln:-:Fox's of Ringley:-:Norris's of Chorley:-:Tong's of Bolton:-:Chadwick's of Leeds

Offline Jayhen6

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 06 March 14 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,

Perhaps I need to start a new thread re Jessie Vergette!..

Any suggestions?

Regards

John
Daubney's of Lincoln:-:Fox's of Ringley:-:Norris's of Chorley:-:Tong's of Bolton:-:Chadwick's of Leeds

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 07 March 14 09:34 GMT (UK) »
We don't "do" the living. If she wed in 1912; then her kid(s) could still be alive today.

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Jayhen6

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 07 March 14 13:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Pauline,

I was thinking more around prior to her marriage to identify her family members/ residences etc

Thanks

Offline Andyking

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 18 April 22 16:47 BST (UK) »
My Grandmother Florence Beatrice King (nee Grosvenor) worked as a nanny for the Vergettes for many years. I think she moved to live at Towngate house when she was about 18 in 1920 and was a Nanny for generations of the family until she finished working for them in the 1960s. She lived in a tied cottage opposite the front of Town Gatehouse which was knocked down in about 1967. I used to stay in the cottage with her when I was very young and remember the horses riding out early in the morning. Mike was the farmer and racehorse trainer at the time. I think he had four children  one of Them was George and another, Susan.

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 19 April 22 18:51 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat!

Nice to see all your information, but unfortunately this is an old post.

Maybe some of the other Roorschatters may pick up on it !!