Author Topic: Johnnie Walker  (Read 12141 times)

Offline PUR

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Johnnie Walker
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 11 March 14 06:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am new to this history hunting, (and am not sure if I am doing this correctly)but I have a query regarding Johnnie Walkers son, I am chasing up some family history. I have read a book called live and let Live and it mentions that a son of Johnnie Walker bought a property in the central Otago area of New Zealand about 1895 to 1898. I am hoping some one may have information that confirms his connection to New Zealand. Thanks

Offline IOMBar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 11 March 14 11:23 GMT (UK) »
As far as I know, Johnnie Walker had three sons.  Alexander stayed in Scotland with the firm.  I have no knowledge as to where the other two sons went: Robert born c1840 and John born c1845. 
Incidentally PUR I have Woodhead relatives who went to central Otago in 1890s, descendants still there but they are related by marriage to Johnnie Walker

Offline James Kinchin-White

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 23 April 14 17:28 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me to identify an Hotel on South Uist that was owned by a member of the Walker Whiskey family around the mid 1970s?   I would like to visit the place, but have been unable to identify which is the Hotel in question.  Many thanks