Author Topic: McCutchion James & Bridget (nee Dooloughty)  (Read 10926 times)

Offline Alma

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: McCutchion James & Bridget (nee Dooloughty)
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 18 January 14 03:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steven

Yes, I was thinking that could be the case.  I think its been a real bonus that Bridget remarried in Scotland as it was because of that marriage entry you were able to get the info for me.
Did you find the marriage lines via Scotlands People

Warm regards

Offline weeaza

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 18 January 14 03:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alma

Yes I got the marriage on SP.
I searched for a marriage of a John, surname beginning with 'Ken' & Bridget with no surname.

Steven  :)

Offline anne_p

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 18 January 14 19:30 GMT (UK) »
I was thinking about the dates that you mention re the murder of John Dooloughty.
Could Bridget have returned to Ireland?

Bridget was known to be in Rutherglen at 1881 ( 1yr before her brother's death), albeit entered as Elizabeth A Kennedy but she cannot be found afterwards.
She was  evidently still living when her daughters, Elizabeth and Sarah married.

At 1891 her youngest daughter Ann Brown Kennedy was residing in Hamilton, and we know she married in 1894.

Therefore, the  1894 marriage of Ann to Thomas Archibald should state if her mother Bridget was living or deceased at that time.

Offline Alma

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 19 January 14 07:13 GMT (UK) »
I am now in contact with a member of the Archibald family.   They may have the marriage certificate of Ann Brown Murray Kennedy and Thomas Archibald.

Offline weeaza

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 19 January 14 09:23 GMT (UK) »
Annie Brown Murray Kennedy, 20, & Thomas Archibald, 23, married 9th March 1894 at 64 Windsor Street, Hamilton.
Annie's parents are listed as John Kennedy, coal miner, & Ann Kennedy, previously McCutchion, m.s. Dillon (Both Deceased). ???

Ann Kennedy, widow 1st of James McCutcheon, lead miner. 2nd of John Kennedy, stone miner.
Died 6th Nov 1890, age 46, 63 Windsor Street, Burnbank, Hamilton.
Parents: John Dillon, Tailor (master) & Margaret Dillon.
Informant, Thomas Kennedy, son. ??? :P ???

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 19 January 14 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Annie Brown Murray Kennedy, 20, & Thomas Archibald, 23, married 9th March 1894 at 64 Windsor Street, Hamilton.
Annie's parents are listed as John Kennedy, coal miner, & Ann Kennedy, previously McCutchion, m.s. Dillon (Both Deceased). ???

Ann Kennedy, widow 1st of James McCutcheon, lead miner. 2nd of John Kennedy, stone miner.
Died 6th Nov 1890, age 46, 63 Windsor Street, Burnbank, Hamilton.
Parents: John Dillon, Tailor (master) & Margaret Dillon.
Informant, Thomas Kennedy, son. ??? :P ???

I'm confused ??? ??? :o
Is the above death Bridget's death?? Or is this someone entirely different? Or is it too early on a Sunday for me ;D?
Looby :) :

Offline weeaza

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 19 January 14 09:46 GMT (UK) »
The above death is the person listed as the mother of Annie Brown Murray Kennedy on the marriage entry.

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 19 January 14 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alma,

Pleased to have helped.
I can't find a death for Bridget.
The only BMD's I can find for anyone named Doolaughty or various spellings are:
John Kennedy, Illegitimate, b. 27th Oct 1875, 5 New Street, Rutherglen. Birth registered by Bridget. John Kennedy (father) was a witness at registration.
John Kennedy, McCutchion or Dolaughty, 11 weeks, Died 22nd Jan 1876, 26 King Street Rutherglen. Registered by John Kennedy.

Ann Brown Murray Kennedy (indexed Dolaughty), Illegitimate, b. 24th July 1873, 11 Stonelaw Street, Rutherglen. Registered by Bridget McCutchion. John Kennedy, father, present.

It looks as if they had a couple children before they got married.

Steven  :)

We have above the illegitimate birth of Ann Brown Murray Kennedy as Bridget McCutchion and John Kennedy's daughter.

But on her marriage Ann Brown Murray Kennedy gives her mother's name as Ann McCutchion/Kennedy maiden name DILLON.

And we have the death of an Ann Kennedy born circa 1844 dies 1890 aged 46 widow of James Mcutcheon and also John Kennedy with parents John and Margaret Dillon.

Hmmm... and Bridget Dooloughty and James McCutchion married in Swansea in 1855 when the above Ann if her age is correct would have been about 11.

Surely someone had their wires crossed ;D

Offline Alma

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 19 January 14 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Again thank you all!

I am inclined to believe that some of the details on the marriages lines for Ann Brown Murray Kennedy were not correct and also those on the death certificate for Ann ?Dillon.

I do think that this Ann was actually Bridget D....do listers share my view?  Bridget's age in 1851 Swansea UK census was definitely correct (17 yrs) and she certainly married a John Kennedy.
 ???

This family has certainly been challenging for listers to find on my behalf.