Author Topic: Margaret Wallace ROBERTSON  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Gizmo71

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Margaret Wallace ROBERTSON
« on: Friday 28 March 14 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I am looking for the birth of Margaret Wallace ROBERTSON, she was born between the years of 1883 and 1886, her parents are James Robertson and Agnes Robertson, nee Blackwood. I am pretty sure she was born around Troon, Ayr. I have looked on Scotlandspeople government site, but for some reason I cannot seem to find her. James Robertson was born at Dundonald and Agnes was born at Dalmellington. so maybe she was born in another area, since I don't know the Scotland area I am wondering in someone will be able to help in finding her birth or point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Wallace ROBERTSON
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 March 14 23:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi

A quick check between 1881 -1888 shows 3 births for a Margaret Walla** Robertson - have you checked each of them?  I did not select any county - names and birthyear span only

If you got her parents names from her marriage cert - what was James occupation?

Parents married 1885 according to SP index so birthyear more likely to be 1885 onwards
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Gizmo71

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 March 14 03:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Yes had a look at them in the 1883 birth it lists parents as James and Catherine, in the other 1883 birth it lists parents as John and Ann Robertson and in the 1888 birth it lists James and Christine Robertson. James Robertson was working as a Mason.

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 29 March 14 09:40 GMT (UK) »
Good morning-
 Had a quick look on Scotlands People - there is a Maggie Robertson born in Troon in 1885. She is also on the 1891 Census aged 6 at Troon   https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KSDR-F7X .
Perhaps this wee girl is worth checking out further :D

Looby :)

Offline Gizmo71

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 29 March 14 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Thank you and Thank you, never thought just to put in Maggie, were beginning to think that will never find her, thank you everyone for your help.