Author Topic: Are Greenside and Sunnyside the same cemetery?  (Read 2999 times)

Offline JuliaP

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Are Greenside and Sunnyside the same cemetery?
« on: Monday 04 June 12 00:41 BST (UK) »
Who would have lists of the names buried there? One , Sunnyside appears to be closed?

Thanks so much

Julia
New Zealand

Offline daval57

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Christmas 2011. My daughter Clare with me.
    • View Profile
Re: Are Greenside and Sunnyside the same cemetery?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 June 12 02:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Julia,
Just noticed this query.
As mentioned in your other query, regarding Alloa, memento-mori might be able to assist and if not, will almost certainly be able to point you in the correct direction.

Dave
-------------------
FORREST (Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire and Dunbartonshire)
ROONEY (Co Down, Co Antrim) 
BORTHWICK, FORTUNE, BARKER, SIVES (Lothians)
ANDERSON (Moray, Caithness)

Offline Alvagirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Copied from an ambrotype of unidentified ancestor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 June 12 14:24 BST (UK) »
No, they are not the same.  See http://www.clacksweb.org.uk/community/cemeteries/ for location maps.
Sunnyside Cemetery is the main one these days, it is on Sunnyside Road, up a hill going north out of Alloa.
Greenside Cemetery is nearer the centre of town, on Greenside Place (or Street?).  Alloa has an old kirkyard adjacent to a cemetery, you need to ask for keys for this.

See also http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,355467.msg2329852.html#msg2329852 for directions on how to get there.

"Clackmannanshire Monumental Inscriptions pre- 1855" edited by Stuart E Fleming, published by the Scottish Genealogy Society (SGS) www.scotsgenealogy.com

Yes, I've also found Clacks Council very helpful.  If it is just one or two you would like me to look up, please send me a PM.
Aberdeenshire: GARDEN, BEATTIE, DUNN, DAVIDSON, BRAIK, JAFFRAY; JAMIESON, THOM, HAY, SCOTT
Morayshire: MACKAY, MURRAY, KENNEDY, ROSS, SMITH, MILNE; MORRISON, STEWART, PENNY, DEAN, McCONNACHIE

Offline maddymoss

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 June 12 10:48 BST (UK) »
Hi, JuliaP. 

I have the booklet of pre 1855 MI inscriptions for Clackmannanshire, including Greenside Cemetery.  Send a PM and I'll check the name/s.  Incidentally, some of burials date from the 1930's.

Cheers.