Author Topic: O'Connor marriages  (Read 4906 times)

Offline SheilaO

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
O'Connor marriages
« on: Saturday 09 September 06 12:27 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help with some marriages please.  The O'Connors in question lived in Drum and then Athlone town.  I have never found a marriage entry for Anastasia (Ann) b March 1859, Eleanora Julia (Nora) b September 1852, John Joseph, b October 1854 or Teresa, b 1850 and married to James O'Sullivan.  The father's name was Thomas O'Connor and mother was Teresa, nee Power.  I have never located their marriage either - pre October 1848.  Has anyone come across any of these marriages please?

Offline lawcarr1956

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: O'Connor marriages
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 May 13 19:03 BST (UK) »
Have only just started to use this site so apologies for the time lapse . I am also researching O'Connors who lived in Drumm and then Athlone. The names you are searching are not the same ones that I am after but I think that there must be a connection somewhere!!!.
 I am looking for a Peter O'Connor born c.1896 whose father was Joseph born c.1850. Joseph was married to Mary??. In 1901 census, they say that both were born in Cork but in 1911 census, Joseph was born in Limerick?  peter has a brother Thomas born c.1900. Have not got any further with puzzle because have only just found census details because I was led to believe that he was from Galway but lived in Roscommon.
Can you see any connections and would they have been in Cork/Limerick at any point?
I know it's not much but ????

Offline SheilaO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 May 13 21:48 BST (UK) »
I am not aware of a connection with your O'Connors but that doesn't mean there isn't one.  I have found it incredibly difficult to trace the roots of Thomas and Teresa and their children.  I visited the little Heritage Centre in Drum a few years ago and, from a newspaper report of Thomas' funeral discovered that he came from Wexford.  I have not been able to prove that though.  I could do with more time there to have a thorough look at what they have.  I was very aware that they opened up specially for me so didn't want to outstay my welcome.

Offline sstarr2008

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 October 13 19:08 GMT (UK) »
Can I say that I have just obtained the marriage cert for my gr grandma Ann O'Connor to Patrick Hogan in 1897 at Athlone. Her father was Robert Connor deceased and on the census she said that she was born in Limerick.
It seems strange to me that she is recorded as O'Connor on the same form that her father is simply Connor. Is this just an Irish thing?
Starkey, Beaumont, Dunstan, Hogan, Nichol, Nichols, Laycock, Norbron, North, Smith, Connolly,O'Connor, Archer, Copley, Brook, Walker, Stocks, Berry, Swinden, Ambler.