Author Topic: Robertson major brick wall  (Read 14297 times)

Offline prophetess

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Robertson major brick wall
« Reply #18 on: Monday 04 February 08 22:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ambley thanks to your sharp eye spotting David was a Surgeon , a little help from some of the chat group, and an early birthday pressie from my hubby ( findmypast subscription) I have Davids Medical register details, still have not found out where they came from in Perth, but it does look like the family went to Ireland, and that may be where Margaret met and married William ,
David was at Queens University Ireland, qualifying as a Master Surgeon in 1877 so that is why he didn't appear until later, his father in law is also a surgeon and I think that is how he met Elizabeth,
I know David was alive in 1913, I think his mother died in Dalton in 1906, so I think I will have to get a few more certs and write a few letters, to see if I can find more on David, and Hopefully that may lead to finding out where exactly they were from, and enable me to get them back further.
Thanks for all your help
ORKNEY
FLETT, CLOUSTON,  WHISHART, SCOTT, BRUCE,
ABERDEEN AREA:THOMSON, ROSIE, CHAFFEY, ALLAN,               
GLASGOW;STEWART,  SPENCE,  DOUGLAS, BLACK , KEAYS(KEYS), MITCHELL,    JOHNSTON,  FLETT,  ALLAN, CALLAGHAN, JENKS,FINLAY,SMELLIE,TYSON

MORAYSHIRE: ALLAN, INNES, MCPHAIL, MATHEWS, STEWART, MCKENZIE, MCLEAN, PLOWMAN, MASSON, 
IRELAND:DOUGLAS,BLACK,McAULAY,KEAYS,TWEED,MITCHELL,
 ENGLAND: JENKS, WALKER,BALDWIN, HURST,PHILLIPS, CHAFFEY, ROBERTSON, ALLAN;JOHNSON, AMEY,Corston,Race

Offline prophetess

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 13 March 09 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ambley,  ;D
I was checking stuff for Auchterarder when I came across my Robertson Post,
Thought i would up date you, on the recent findings,
The David Robertson and Jane Fowlis are the Right ones, His name wasn't Andrew at all, they family went to Ireland, my 2 x grt Gran seems to have appeared in england first, ( theory ran away to marry)
the Jeweler John is mine also,
thanks to help in roots 1911 census, and Queens Uni Belfast, who sent me the information on David,

Thought I had better update you, and all the hard work that you put in was not in vain,
Sorry hope your hair has grown back in  ::) :-*

Thank you so very very much  :-* :-* :-* :-*

Will share the gold when i find it  ;)
ORKNEY
GLASGOW;STEWART,  SPENCE,  DOUGLAS, BLACK , KEAYS(KEYS), MITCHELL,    JOHNSTON,  FLETT,  ALLAN, CALLAGHAN, JENKS,FINLAY,SMELLIE,TYSON

MORAYSHIRE: ALLAN, INNES, MCPHAIL, MATHEWS, STEWART, MCKENZIE, MCLEAN, PLOWMAN, MASSON, 
 ENGLAND: JENKS, WALKER,BALDWIN, HURST,PHILLIPS, CHAFFEY, ROBERTSON, ALLAN;JOHNSON, AMEY,Corston,Race

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 13 March 09 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Cor, Sybil!
Wonderful news - thanks for the update - I do like to hear how things go!

I might need that gold to buy that wig after reading all that back now and trying to keep it in a straight line thought-wise  ;D  Amazing how it all seems so clear when one's in the searching moment, but try going over it months later and I confused myself  ::)

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline prophetess

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 13 March 09 11:38 GMT (UK) »
I wonder why 2x Great Gran gave her fathers name as Andrew, Was it, just to , make life difficult for her 2 x Great Grandaughter, and drive her demented? ??? ??? ??? ::) ::)

Well it looks like there was wealth in the family after all Ambley because most of them seemed to have servants,  ;D ;D ;D
I aways knew I had breading in those Gene's ;D ;D 8)
 makes a change from inbreeding :o :-[ :-X

Sybil,
ORKNEY

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 13 March 09 11:54 GMT (UK) »
LOL  ;D
I always say, a gal's  gotta have at least one good pair of genes in the closet....hung right up there next to the skeletons!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline prophetess

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 13 March 09 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Roflol  ;D I like it Ambly
ORKNEY

Offline prophetess

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 10 January 10 02:06 GMT (UK) »
I Cant believe 10months have passed since i posted any news to you Ambly,
I took a trip up to Bridge of Allan to a B&B for two nights last year and went to Blackford and Auchterarder, to see where my Robertsons originally came from,

had a wander round the cemetery in the town in Auchterarder and took a few shots of some headstones, as you do Recently sorting stuff out i looked again at the Auchterarder and Blackford Photos,
and could believe what i had,
 I had found the marriage of David Robertson and Jane Fowlis, also on the 1841 census have David in over Coul as a Farmer and right next to him is Fowlis
and if this is the right Fowlis then this is her parents headstone, got to do a bit of reseach but i have not done any for months

I feel more and more that Eliza was born in Ireland not in Scotland

will keep you posted as i learn more,

Thanks for All the hard work you have done for me

Sybil
ORKNEY

Offline Grae

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 02 June 14 00:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Sybil
The mother of Joseph Drummond Robertson referred to, is the son of my great grand aunt Martha Fanny Steele, Martha being the sister of my great grandmother, Jane Jessie Steele. This Steele family is from Limavady, Northern Ireland.
I have a photograph of Martha and her husband John Robertson which hopefully is attached here.
Graeme

Offline prophetess

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 24 October 17 21:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Grae,
Sorry I have only just seen this post kinda took a break from the tree for a bit and got back into it again, still not 100% sure of the connection it is proving it that's still  my problem but since then I know that my great great grandfather who married Eliza Robertson Died at sea in December 1880

Fingers crossed Beautiful photo

Sybil
ORKNEY