Author Topic: Morgan Jones  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Johanson

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Morgan Jones
« on: Tuesday 14 August 12 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hi- I am wondering if anybody has done research on a Mary & Morgan Jones. I believe Mary was born 1785 to Mary Richard & Griffith Jones at Deunant, Mer. I found them on the 1841 Census at Dolgelly St. Lodge., C.P. Mallwyd - with children Mary Ann, Evan & Janes Jones. On the 1851 census they were at Allt ddu with Evan 7, Jane 4 and Morgan 2. I believe Morgan Jones d. 1868, 80 yrs.old and Mary d. June 1874 age 89 at Dolgelly. I also found a Simon Jones b. Apr. 1820 and in 1822 a Rowland Jones born.
The census shows Morgan as Oats Drier and Mary as a woolen spinner.
I am researching the Mary Richard & Griffith Jones family. Griffith died 1753 and Mary remarried to a William Richard/s.
Any info or suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thank you.
Johanson

Offline Johanson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Morgan Jones
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 August 12 04:51 BST (UK) »
Hi - I realized afterwards that I made a mistake. From my research, I believe that Mary was the g.daughter of Mary Richard & Griffith Jones, daughter of Mary Griffith B. 1753 D. 1834-1844 and possibly Robert Griffith.
Hope this gets some results.
Thank you,
Johanson

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 December 12 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Dear Johanson.
I have been searching for a Mary who was the wife of William Humphreys, a mariner, of Barmouth.
They had two children Mary Ann and William - my g.g.grandad.
I cannot find their marriage although both offspring seem to be legit.

With no marr. I could not get a maiden name but when she died age 81 in 1881 her nephew H. Jones was witness. He was a grocer in Barmouth.

I have just done a search on Family Search.com with just Mary (no surname) born 1800 and got
MARY MORGAN bap 23/03/1800, born 14/03/1800 father's name MORGAN JONES, mother Mary.
The bap. was at Ebenezer congregational or Independant, Dinas Mawddwy, MER.
That seems to fit my Mary exactly so possibly too good to be true. But I will check it out.

My public tree is on Ancestry if you can get it. It is Alan Williams's tree but if you search for William Humphreys born 1803 Barmouth you will find it. Hope this is of interest. Humphpaul   
Paul, Humphrey, Vaughan, Lewis, Williams, Parry, Jones, Fairclough, Howard, Allan, Baylis, Wright, Ritson.
Barmouth, Llangellinin, Liverpool, Maryport Cumberland, Port Glasgow, Nercwys (Nerquis), Mold, Gwysaney, Hope, Doddleston, Higher Kinnerton.

Offline Johanson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 01 January 13 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Humphpaul

Congratulations - well done!! Unfortunately your Mary's age doesn't match up with mine. I have a Morgan Jones B.1788 and Mary Jones B.1785 with g.dau. Mary B. 1836 living at Maesglasau, Cerist.  He was a Ag. Laborer and Mary a wool picker and cleaner - don't know for sure if I am on the right track.
Keep in touch, Thanks,

Johanson