Author Topic: Rees Family - Portmadoc  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rees Family - Portmadoc
« on: Saturday 18 May 13 17:34 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am hoping to find additional information on the children of Thomas Rees and Dorothy Owen who married in Llanfihangel in June 1860.

Thomas was a widower age 32 and Dorothy a spinster age 29 when they married. Thomas's father was shown as Lewis Thomas (deceased) and Dorothy's father as Thomas Owen. 

The censuses show Thomas to be born in Clynne or Celynin or Llanegryn and Dorothy in Tremadoc,  and I suspect Thomas may have been baptized at Lanegryn on 26 Sept 1830 but cannot access any details of this to verify the details.

The 1861 census details show them living in Wesley Street, Ynyscynhaiarn with their son Thomas (Phillip) Rees age 1 month and 2 children from Thomas's first marriage to Ann Jones (Lewis Rees age 10 and Griffith Rees age 5)

In 1871 the family are at Queens Row, Dolgelly with Lewis still at home (name now showing as Lewis Thomas age 19), another son and daughter from his first marriage - John Thomas  age 17 and Mary Anne Rees age 15 plus 3 other children for Thomas and Dorothy - Margaret Jane Rees age 7; Howell Thomas Rees age 5 and Catherine Rees age 2.

In 1881 the only children at home at East Ave, Ynyscynhaiarn are Margaret J age 17; Howell T age 15 and Catherine age 12.

Thomas Rees (seems to have died in 1884 and Dorothy (1891 census shows her as Dolly) in 1909. Apart from the death of Howell T Rees in 1892 age 27, the other children seem to have disappeared.

There is also a grandson appearing in the 1891 census Thomas C Rees (or Thomas L Rees) age 6.

I keep scratching my head with this and getting splinters!!

Can anyone help - it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Alan

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Rees Family - Portmadoc
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 May 13 21:31 BST (UK) »
Hi
Llanegryn Parish Register 26/09/1830, Baptism, Thomas son of Jacob Rees, labourer, Butcher's Row and Elizabeth his wife.
Emyr

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Rees Family - Portmadoc
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 May 13 12:19 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Thank you Emyr - at least it discounts that baptism.

Alan