Author Topic: Pratt Dairies Tunbridge Wells  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pratt Dairies Tunbridge Wells
« on: Sunday 08 June 14 18:44 BST (UK) »
 Im looking for any information and photos for Pratt's Dairies in Tunbridge Wells. I have directoires of 1924-1925 for " Pratts Dairies ( J. Morgan, proprietor) Bayhall Rd,T. Wells. I have 1918 Kelly for William Pratt & Son, cowkeepers, 1 George St. T. Wellls. William Pratt & son is William Praff, born 1849 Frant who married Harriett Barnett in 1878.She was born 1854 T. Wells. This couple had a son William Henry Pratt, born 1880 T. Wells but cant find any marriage or death for him. Last census record is 1911 giving William Pratt, single,age 30, born 1881 T. Wells and living at 1 George Street and is a dairman at home. Last census for his father is 1901 at T. Wells where William, age 51 is a farmer and dairyman and living with him is his wife Harriet and son William. Don't know when William born 1849 died. Not sure over what years this business operated.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pratt Dairies Tunbridge Wells
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 June 14 23:25 BST (UK) »
I also would appreciate any information about the J. Morgan referred to in the 1920's as the proprietor of the dairy. Cant seem to find anything myself. I couldn't find a James or a John Morgan with anything to do with dairy, farming, ag labourer, cowman etc in the T.Wells 1911 census.