Author Topic: Temple Village Midlothian  (Read 138816 times)

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Temple Village Midlothian
« Reply #225 on: Monday 22 September 14 15:16 BST (UK) »
Archie75,
          I am wondering if there is a any information or gravestone for… Annie "Scott" Bruce who died Sep. 1931 and her husband George Bruce who died May 1935…they both died in Temple .Midlothian.
Many thanks for all the work that you do.
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline TempleDrysdale

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: Saturday 27 September 14 07:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Archie:

The recently posted Tenant Roles for 1875 show Braidwood Farm was indeed owned by Dundas. By 1905 however, it is listed as Roseberry's property.

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: Sunday 05 October 14 15:27 BST (UK) »
Archie,
         Have just finished read this complete post on Temple Burial Grounds and spotted the following which you had replied to:
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday 08 February 12 08:31 GMT (UK)

»Below inscriptions from the headstones.

103) Ann Scott Wife of George Bruce died at Fountainside 24th
        September 1931 aged 71 years.
(Small Thin Stone Broken)
     George Bruce diedMay 1935 and is also buried there,…He was my Gr Grandfathers brother...have lots of info but would appreciate a photo ,if possible of that (small thin Broken stone).
Many thanks for all you do.
Ann

IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline Templar75

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: Sunday 26 October 14 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ann,

I am sorry for the delay in sending but I never received any notification of your post, I just noticed it today by accident but here goes, as you will see it looks plain but please believe me, the reason you can't see what's on it is due to the light and the stone being white Marble.

I hope you will be satisfied just seeing it, I am not sure if this is the actual plot they are in but I have a hunch that it is.

Regards.

Archie.

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: Sunday 26 October 14 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Archie,
         Many thanks for your time on this…..it is nice to know that there was and is still a stone..even if I cannot read it. Have copied it for my personal records.
          Cheers Ann

Offline Templar75

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: Sunday 26 October 14 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ann,

thanks for getting back to me, I will try and go to Temple again and see if I can get a better photo, thr as I said it is more like a white on white if only the letters had been darker, if possible I might try and make up mud and wipe it on to see if that can highlight the letters.

The main problem there at Temple is when they cut the grass they use big heavy Mowers and the vibration is terrible, I have seen stones falling over because of this.

Cheers.

Archie.

Offline TempleDrysdale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: Monday 27 October 14 02:21 GMT (UK) »
Hey Archie:

Good to hear you're back on line. I was excited to see that they may be ready to tip up the Drysdale stone. Peter D. got a recent picture. The new wall looks terrific. I would appreciate a picture if you are up that way.

I posted up some pictures likely taken at Braidwood Farm. I'd appreciate if you could match up those pictures to the actual buildings. We are curious if the front door of Braidwood has the "Fan Shaped Light" above it.

Offline iwccc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Temple Village Midlothian - Bishop family
« Reply #232 on: Monday 03 November 14 02:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi from Australia,  Just saw your post.  Would you have a William, Helen, John or Catherine Bishop on your list of headstones.  William was born 1775 and John was born 1809.  Thank you

Offline Templar75

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: Monday 03 November 14 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi
              sorry but there none by that name on my list or the old burial book, what makes you think they could be buried there at Temple.

Cheers.

Archie.