Author Topic: Murphy family Kinturk, Kilmaley Parish  (Read 5762 times)

Offline Brian Murphy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Murphy family Kinturk, Kilmaley Parish
« on: Tuesday 03 September 13 12:06 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any relatives that may recognise the below information and may be able to provide additional information. I am particularly interested in the Murphy line.

My grandfather
Patrick Murphy born 1897, died 1986. Was married to Catherine Eustace born 1900, died 1993.
Patrick had following siblings: Bridget b 1893, d ????, Elizabeth b 1894, d 1976, Michael b 1895, d ???

My great-grandfather
Michael Murphy b 1855, d 1896. Was married to Mary King b 1863, d 1904.

My great-great-grandfather
Michael Murphy b ????, d ????. Was married to Mary Haren b ????, d ????. Information I have is that they had just 1 child, Michael referred to above.
Michael had a previous marriage to a Mary Organ. Records indicate they had 4 children, Patrick b 1844, Bridget b 1846, Mary b 1848, Michael b 1850. Last born most likely died in infancy due to later child with Mary Haren also being called Michael.

My great-great-great-grandfather
This is where the family tree gets muddled. There are records of a Timothy, Denis, Peter and also possibly a James & Michael Murphy living in Kinturk in or around 1826. However it has not been established to date which of these would be my g-g-g-g-grandfather.

Prior to the above it is believed that the Kinturk Murphy's arrived from Wexford sometime around the 1798 Rising but no link has been made back to Wexford to date

Offline Cathy_Aus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • clendinnen girls early 1900s
    • View Profile
Re: Murphy family Kinturk, Kilmaley Parish
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 September 13 21:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Michael:)]
Interested in your MURPHY/HAREN  as I have a Direct line of HAREN from milltown Malbay/Inagh Parish Clare that came to Australia
regards
cathy:)
Ireland...Direct Lines
Down..Clendinnen
Clare..Haren, Ryan
Kerry...Doody
Tipperary...Morrisey
Wexford...Clendinnen, Steele, Ellis
Roscommon...Carley, Fallon

France...D'Acre, Went to Ireland some Changed to DEAKER

England Direct Lines
Norfolk: Clamp, Chesney, Atkins, streek
Essex: Mountford, Cornell, Philpott, Hawkes
Wiltshire: Stone, Annetts,

Watt, Toombs, Greville, Revell , Hindmarsh, Williams, Chivell, Collocott, Carle, Bayliss, Berry, Dewsbury, Dungey, Edwards, Gray, Haughton

Offline Cathy_Aus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • clendinnen girls early 1900s
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 September 13 21:57 BST (UK) »
Michael:)
There are also several of us Haren researchers trying to Sort these Haren Families Out from Co Clare, Several of them Coming to Australia
Regards
cathy:)
Ireland...Direct Lines
Down..Clendinnen
Clare..Haren, Ryan
Kerry...Doody
Tipperary...Morrisey
Wexford...Clendinnen, Steele, Ellis
Roscommon...Carley, Fallon

France...D'Acre, Went to Ireland some Changed to DEAKER

England Direct Lines
Norfolk: Clamp, Chesney, Atkins, streek
Essex: Mountford, Cornell, Philpott, Hawkes
Wiltshire: Stone, Annetts,

Watt, Toombs, Greville, Revell , Hindmarsh, Williams, Chivell, Collocott, Carle, Bayliss, Berry, Dewsbury, Dungey, Edwards, Gray, Haughton

Offline Brian Murphy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 26 September 13 16:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Cathy,

Latest information I have on my Haren link is that Mary Haren was originally from Killernan in the Kilmurry Ibrickane parish. Apparently she lived very close to the graveyard there.

Brian

Offline palea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 January 14 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brian. i have been following your posts for some time now relating to the murphys of kinturk. I think your ggg grandfather was michael as well. griffiths valuation mentions a michael and michael junior in the records for kinturk. Your great grand father was born in1855  so i do not think he is the michael junior, these records were compiled before 1855. The michael in the Tithe allottments is your great great great grandfather.

regards palea.

Offline dhawley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 28 June 15 05:16 BST (UK) »
There is another list of the Murphys in Kinturk which appears to be for 1836
Timothe Murphy
Michl Murphy
Denis? Murphy
Peter Murphy
James Murphy
Widow Murphy
Mich Murphy Jr.?

James is my GGGgrandfather and married Bridget O'Brien.  James appears to have a brother Michael in Clonboula,  I think??? after James dies and Michaels wife Bridget Kinnane dies that Michael marries Bridget O'Brien has a son Peter in 1847 Kinturk before moving to Wigan England.

Offline DoireM

• RootsChat Senior
  • Spero In Deo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 28 June 15 21:58 BST (UK) »
Hello dhawley and welcome to Rootschat.  Did someone in your Murphy family have a write up some time ago in the Kilmaley Magazine?  I know for sure that my ggg g/father was Michael Murphy of Kinturk.  I don't know if it's Michael Snr or Jnr.  His wife was Mary Lynch.
Crowley : Kilmaley Parish, Co. Clare / Cook County, Chicago, Illinois
Bradley: Iskaheen Parish, Co. Donegal, Ireland
McCallion:  Iskaheen Parish, Co. Donegal. Ireland
Margey/Margay:  Iskaheen Parish, Co. Donegal, Ireland
Donnellan / Donlan:  Carhunagry, Co. Clare
Sullivan: Clare / Cook County, Chicago, Illinois
James:  Derry/ Donegal / Wales.
Haren / Harhen:  Co. Clare, Ireland
Murphy: Kinturk, Kilmaley, Co. Clare.
Friel:  Aught, Ture. Iskaheen Parish, Co. Donegal.
Cassidy:  Limavady, Co. Derry.

Offline dhawley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 28 June 15 23:33 BST (UK) »
  I have not seen Kilmaley Magazine I am in San Diego USA.  I tracked the Murphys via Mary Murphy b1827 thus no baptism record, her parents are James Murphy and Bridget O'Brien.  Mary Murphy marries John Slavin and returns to Kinturk from Tulla to have first child James Slavin 1846 (Clare Library has as Flavin, Clare Heritage as Slavin) looking at microfilm its Slavin. there is also an error saying mother is Mary O'Brien vice Murphy. There is only on Slavin in Clare at this time.
  1861 Wigan England census has two Murphy families in house of Bridget O'Brien some maybe half siblings as 3 are buried in same grave.  There are other Murphys in Wigan that trace back to Kilmaley and most everyone lives next to each other on Adelaide Street.
  1871 Wigan census has a Hanora McGuane b1853 in house of Bridget Conway aka Bridget Murphy daughter of James Murphy and Bridget O'Brien and wife of John Conway married 1844 Snugville KIlmaley Co Clare.