Author Topic: Completed - Sarah Gregory Clowne 1788  (Read 4646 times)

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Completed - Sarah Gregory Clowne 1788
« on: Sunday 20 May 12 17:23 BST (UK) »
Parents are John Gregory and Elizabeth.

Could be Elizabeth Simpson marriage 1789 (after birth of Sarah but not out of the question).

Or

Elizabeth Temple marriage 1785

Anyone able to view the original documents for any clues?

:P
Calow Clowne, Eaton, Bott, Derbyshire, Airey, Cleasby, Cannon, Willis, North Yorkshire, Kelk, Ogley, Sharp, Gillot, Jillott, Ibberson, Littlewood, Watson, Eyre, Townend, Booth, Ambler, Hanson, Kenyon, Sellars/Sellers, Yorkshire, Skidmore, Parker, Nottinghamshire, Walker, Earl, Howard Cambridgeshire, Halden Milwich Staffordshire and Brent Pelham Hertfordshire,

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Gregory Clowne 1788
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 21:45 BST (UK) »
Have answered you on your other thread.It's definitely Elizabeth temple.........

Derek
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Gregory Clowne 1788
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 22:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks Derek  8)
Calow Clowne, Eaton, Bott, Derbyshire, Airey, Cleasby, Cannon, Willis, North Yorkshire, Kelk, Ogley, Sharp, Gillot, Jillott, Ibberson, Littlewood, Watson, Eyre, Townend, Booth, Ambler, Hanson, Kenyon, Sellars/Sellers, Yorkshire, Skidmore, Parker, Nottinghamshire, Walker, Earl, Howard Cambridgeshire, Halden Milwich Staffordshire and Brent Pelham Hertfordshire,

Offline MaxOnDove

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Completed - Sarah Gregory Clowne 1788
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 June 12 17:57 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I've joined Rootschat today just so that i can communicate with you the following:

My GGG Grandfather is Anthony Eaton who married Ann Capewell in 1816. Anthony's siblings were Harriot, Jemima, Daniel and John Podmore Eaton. Their mother was Elizabeth who was born a Halden, to William & Mary (nee Sargent) in 1774 in Milwich. She married my GGGG Grandfather (also called Anthony) in Brent Pelham in 1790. After they married they moved back to Shoreditch and then onto Bonsall in Derbyshire where the children were all born. Anthony senior died in 1802 (he's buried with his parents in Darley churchyard). Elizabeth moved back to Milwich after his death and married sometime after Roger Halden, a cousin. Jemima then married Edward Halden, a cousin of hers and her mother's! Jemima and Daniel (who was a butcher and moved to Longton) were witnesses to Anthony junior and Ann Capewell's wedding, and enabled me to make the link to Derbyshire.

Hope this explains a little more. Reading the previous conversations has shown links back to early 1600s which is great. 

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 04 June 12 22:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks this is fascinating, will reply in more detail when I've thought it all through!  :) :) :)

Offline smouse

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 18:53 BST (UK) »
Are you still looking for the Gregory family?   There is one more child I believe which is Phebe baptised in Pleasley 1786.

Damian

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 07 September 14 18:36 BST (UK) »
I am interested yes, where did you find this information? Are the Gregorys your ancestors too?

Offline smouse

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 07 September 14 19:57 BST (UK) »
I'm still trying to sort out the exact details but my ancestrial line is the Herring family and I have the following info:

Samuel Herring married Sarah Gregory - 21-Jul-1769 @ Warsop

Sarah Gregory baptised 21-Jan-1750 @ Warsop - parents John & Phoebe
John Gregory baptised 20-May-1765 @ warsop - parents John & Phoebe

Phebe Gregory baptised 05-Feb-1786 @ Pleasley - parents John & Elisabeth
(Phebe is mentioned in Samuel Herring's will)

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 08 September 14 21:08 BST (UK) »
Different Sarah, mine married a John Calow, but her father was John Gregory, I don't know where he was born, could be your John but think Gregory is quite a common name in the area.